CATHERINE'S GRAVE

Rate this topic

Baz,

I take it this is in relation to the BTFB strip? In which case I adore "One owes respect to the Living. To the Dead, one owes only Truth." which sits comfortably with Frank's everquest to avenge Catherine's death and understand the hidden truth behind it. Much of what I am considering with regards to this works well with that quote. That said, I love Laurent's quote, it rings a chord with me, but, ultimately you should decide. Guess it would have been so much easier if we had seen the grave eh?

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi Eth

Yep it is, I thought if we're showing it it should be faithful to the show.

I've narrowed it down in my mind to:

"Softly, I will leave you softly, For my heart would break, If you should wake, And see me go..."

- Softly, As I Leave You

.... which of course echoes Catherines sacrifice in the cabin, and

"One owes respect to the Living. To the Dead, one owes only Truth."

... which as you say does reflect the plot thread of Frank's search for answers. But, my instinct says that he would use something more personal to him and Catherine, like 'their song' as most couples have one, rather than state his intentions on a gravestone. I just think it works on more levels- emotionally, as an epitaph and ironically, as it describes her fate, as well as being a Bobby Darin song, something fans would recognise as being a favourite of Frank's.

Baz,

You will get no argument from me if you opt to use the Darin quote. I am a huge fan of Bobby myself and fully understand how the lyrics you have selected fit so poignantly with Catherine's tale. I can't wait to see these when you have finished them and thank you for such a sterling effort on our behalf. I need to nail myself to the chair and get the final five (cylon's anyone) episodes completed but it has been relentless of late. I should be free to do this Wednesday mind as I have a window in my campaign calendar.

Best wishes,

Eth