Dead man's arms found in river in southern Germany city of Munich

Rate this topic

Guest Lady3Jane

Guest Lady3Jane

https://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/25...rmany-city.html

Berlin - Two dismembered arms found in the Isar river, in the southern German state of Bavaria, belong to the body of a 35-year-old from Munich, police confirmed Sunday. Traces found in the man's apartment suggest that he may have been murdered there, Munich police officials said.

A passer-by discovered the arms in the river on Friday, on the outskirts of the Bavarian capital.

When divers recovered the limbs, they found that the fingers of both hands had been cut off. Nevertheless, the police were able to identify the victim by taking imprints of the palms of both hands.

The man was last heard from on January 22. Since then, nobody had been able to contact him, police reported.

The police now hope that members of the public may have information that can help them establish who the man had been in touch with during the week leading up to his death.

All trace is missing of the remaining corpse, as is a silver car belonging to the victim.

At present, police officers are not issuing speculation on the circumstances leading to the man's death.

It was also reported that the men's fingertips were removed to avoid identification. The victim is a cook who lived in the city.

very strange...do you think that this was some kind of mafia related killing, hence the style? Or more like a passion-based crimes, say an ex-girl or boy friend who tried to get rid of the body?

• Elders (Moderators)

Yaponchik? :eyes: Well, now he cut off the entire arm...

Brutal crimes like this are in a way more terrifying in this country then, let´s say, the USA, because stuff like that doesn´t happen here that often. Of course, we got the "normal" crimes here everyday, but cutting off somebodys body parts is a few levels higher.

Yep, I find body parts in the streets weekly here in the USA. Come on, do you really think of us like that?

Of course, we Americans read about the murders in mutilations in Mexico and South America and have a similar view of our southern friends.

My first thought on most crimes like this is drug funded gangs sending messages to each other.

Guest Lady3Jane
BEER----> Ah, we don't want to get into Political stuff do we? That's why we cut off Europe in the first place (LOL). Besides, we all probably have other sites to rant about that.

BELCH

Back to Topic please.

There are news: It looks like he led a double life. Police is now looking into his boy friend, allegedly he was active in the homo sexual scene but he claimed to be living with woman. (Bavaria is lead by a very conservative party, which still has some very antiquated views regarding homosexuality.)

The X-Files: I want to believe anyone? Maybe he is missing some organs, too.

Looks like I wasn't that far off with my passion-based crime...I do think that is a sure sign that I watched too much MillenniuM.

• Elders (Moderators)
Yep, I find body parts in the streets weekly here in the USA. Come on, do you really think of us like that?

Of course, we Americans read about the murders in mutilations in Mexico and South America and have a similar view of our southern friends.

My first thought on most crimes like this is drug funded gangs sending messages to each other.

Sorry, if my words seemed too harsh, I didn´t want to say that in the US it´s nothing special anymore when you find body parts along the streets, but you´ve got a different mentality about things like that, at least that is my impression. If I´m totally wrong, then I´ll be sorry, far be it from me to measure everything with the same yardstick.

Best wishes

Alex

no worries, mate... I just wanted a reality check. I don't know what you mean about our different mentality about things like that. I have been given to understand that the US still has a very large Christian population and that Europe has largely dropped that for humanism; I wonder if that is true? I do know that it is perceived that we "take things into our hands" more so than some groups. I wonder if that is true as well.