Force Majeure...

Rate this topic

Guest Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

it was great to see Brad Dourif on the show, but I'm not a fan of this episode.

a tad bit too preachy and lackluster for my taste.

Iron Lung Dude...WTH?

Guest Jim McLean
it was great to see Brad Dourif on the show, but I'm not a fan of this episode.

a tad bit too preachy and lackluster for my taste.

Iron Lung Dude...WTH?

Certainly the most ambiguous of season one. I still ponder upon it. The title Force Majeure infers the idea of a release from obligation - the two girls committed suicide were a release, knowing that Noah wouldn't make it after May 5th, they didn't want to go on into a world without him. Where I find the show gets confusing is the fact we never get to really experience the connection between Noah and the blond girls, making this revelation hard to reconcile.

And of course, their escape - was it a contingency plan? Had they known that the deaths would lead the police to them? Noah died and they brother had access to a police vehicle. Quite the nature of this twist was never really explained IMO. An odd episode.

Guest Laurent.

Chip's episode are always ambiguous, but this may be the only where it actually hurts the overall quality of the story.

The rest is brilliant though (especially Brad Dourif)!

Guest bluestocking

Why did the Iron Lung guy create so many clones? What exactly was he hoping to accomplish? A world filled with nothing but his blonde children, cloning themselves again and again into eternity? Weird episode.

Guest Jim McLean
Why did the Iron Lung guy create so many clones? What exactly was he hoping to accomplish? A world filled with nothing but his blonde children, cloning themselves again and again into eternity? Weird episode.

Fair point - IMO, I don't think they were intending to clone each other... which raises other dubious questions, as I doubt the facilities would be available after May 5th. I think they had other means.

I really love this episode.

I always thought the ark idea was something that they were going to eventually come back to, but then the series was cut short of course.

When I saw all the blondes at the beginning of Season 3, I thought of this episode, but they didn't really bring the same ideas into play.

I agree with Pluto, I enjoyed this episode, and I especially enjoyed the music, which I haven't been able to get my hands on yet. All I have is the itunes download of "The Best of Millennium." It's the only place you can find it. I so want 500 posts so I can earn the 2-CD Fan Mix, not the new CD from La La Land. Anyway, with all the controversy before the year 2000 over what was going to happen, I found this show very entertaining.

Earthnut

Guest RodimusBen

There were things I liked and didn't like about this episode. I loved Dourif's character. I loved the process of the investigation and the discovery of the clones. Also, being a non-SKOTW episode from Season 1, it at least gets some originality points.

Guest Laurent.

SKOTW: Serial Killer of the Week. The type of episode that were prominent in the first season.

Similar to the MOTW (Monster of the Week) concept in X-Files fandom.