Force Majeure...

Rate this topic

Guest Black's Babe

When I saw the bus driver I knew he was one of them.   Hair way too blond! LOL  Perhaps the sons are direct clones from the iron lung guy. He might be the one that fertilized the eggs being harvested from the girls...  which is kind of creepy if they are his biological daughters... There still has to be a  womb to  gestate the children in.  or wombs.  I do wish they had  two parted that to  maybe flash back to how this was accomplished.  

I think it would also have been sooo cool if they could have done a one nighter on 5/5/2000 to show  how it all ended up.  The x-files terrible episode showed that there was no y2k apocalypse and of course we now know that  there was no apocalypse on 5/5/2000.. would have been kind of sad and funny to see all the  children of Iron lung man gathered there with  Dennis Hoffman waiting for the non event,having the day pass... and all kind of shrugging and wondering what was next.

I know I was a little disappointed! Everyone kept saying Y2K was going to be IT...computer systems shutting down and not being able to recognize the new date...widespread fear over banks going down, people actually stocking up on canned food and bottled water waiting for "the end"....midnight came and....nada. Zilch. Zippo. I can only imagine how poor Dennis must have felt.

14 hours ago, FrankBlack2 said:

I know I was a little disappointed! Everyone kept saying Y2K was going to be IT...computer systems shutting down and not being able to recognize the new date...widespread fear over banks going down, people actually stocking up on canned food and bottled water waiting for "the end"....midnight came and....nada. Zilch. Zippo. I can only imagine how poor Dennis must have felt.

I remember that time very well and all the people fearing what will happen next.

I have no doubt that Dennis was exhilarated on the inside, but appeared calm and quiet on the outside, even though he knew he was a part of their preparation for a future event.

14 hours ago, FrankBlack2 said:

I remember that time very well and all the people fearing what will happen next.

I have no doubt that Dennis was exhilarated on the inside, but appeared calm and quiet on the outside, even though he knew he was a part of their preparation for a future event.

• 2 years later...

One of my favorite episodes, although I admit that it's mostly because of the cool title and Brad Dourif. It doesn't really contribute to the mythology of the show(s) and it certainly doesn't scare me like some of the best episodes tend to do. But what it lacks in importance and chills it makes up for in intimacy. The suicide girls and their hand gestures, Hoffman's desperate character, the interview with Ol' Iron Lung, the smiles on the faces of the children and Hoffman as the bus is carrying them to whatever end... It's beautiful I tells ya.

22 hours ago, Lucy made me do it said:

One of my favorite episodes, although I admit that it's mostly because of the cool title and Brad Dourif. It doesn't really contribute to the mythology of the show(s) and it certainly doesn't scare me like some of the best episodes tend to do. But what it lacks in importance and chills it makes up for in intimacy. The suicide girls and their hand gestures, Hoffman's desperate character, the interview with Ol' Iron Lung, the smiles on the faces of the children and Hoffman as the bus is carrying them to whatever end... It's beautiful I tells ya.

Yes, I tells ya too, this episode is beautiful and also one of my favorites.

Another all-time favorite is the track that's playing while they're getting on the bus.  It's track 17 on MIllennium Vol 2 album, called "All His Children."  I couldn't get it fast enough when I found out this music was on it for the first time.  Yeah, it's posted on YouTube.

46 minutes ago, Earthnut said:

Yes, I tells ya too, this episode is beautiful and also one of my favorites.

Another all-time favorite is the track that's playing while they're getting on the bus.  It's track 17 on MIllennium Vol 2 album, called "All His Children."  I couldn't get it fast enough when I found out this music was on it for the first time.  Yeah, it's posted on YouTube.

That's what I call a haunting piece of music. Unfortunately, I'm real bad at noticing music in visual media. I mean, the music sure does contribute to the ambience and I would definitely miss it if it were gone, but I don't remember it afterwards like I remember a sweet camera angle or great montages or whatever. I wish it were different because I love music. So thank you.

Edited by Lucy made me do it

That's what makes Mark Snow so good.  His music fits every screen and becomes part of the scene, sometimes to the point where you don't even notice it.  My favorite part of this track starts at :58, and what was playing when they were boarding the bus.  It took many years for this track to be on an album, and it wasn't until recently that it was.  That is a long time.