Sense and Antisense...shades of The Tuskegee Experiment

Rate this topic

Guest Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

I adore Clarence Williams III and was pleasantly suprised to see him in this episode.

with the Tuskegee Experiment, uneducated black share croppers were the unwitting test subjects.

in this story, homeless men were the ones preyed upon and subjected to experiments.

The saddest part was the discovery that "Patient Zero" was actually himself a co-conspirator in this shady project.

Again just like Tuskegee, there were Black medical personel who took part in the deception.

The light is gone, along with the warmth from Frank Black's world.

The Yellow House that once GLOWED, now is cold and empty.

There is no balance or a safe haven to retreat to from the evil of the world.

Frank Black is trapped in DARKNESS 24/7 now.

Great episode

8/10

Edited by Black's Babe

• 1 month later...

I never read anything about the Tuskegee experiment, and I want to thank you for posting this information. It certainly puts a whole new light on this episode for me.

I adore Clarence Williams III and was pleasantly suprised to see him in this episode.

I agree, I think he's a fantastic actor, and if you haven't seen his performance in "The Legend of 1900," you need to. His, and Tim Roth's piano playing were absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend this movie.

• Elders (Admins)

A great read, thanks for the heads up on this. On the CCTV video Zero mentions it, shouting, "Tuskegee! They denied it. Apologized, then denied."

Another mention:

KNOX: Him? Man, they're the criminals! Hey, look, look, look. I know it's hard to follow – but this man is coming from a poetic place. Hear me, man, listen, man. Thirty years ago people said the US government was using black men as an experiment to die of syphilis was just another whacked-out conspiracy theory like, like, aliens or something...

PATIENT ZERO: (to reporter) Tuskegee! Tuskegee! Tuskegee! {3}

EDITOR: Tuskegee is over, man. The President has apologized.

KNOX: This man needs an apology. If he lives to hear it.