Confusing about 3 season [ spoilers ]

Rate this topic

First thing i said, my confusion is about my english skill, i dont know whats happened because im not the able translate, thats all....My question is about first episode 3 season, well its on two part with these women with blue eyes, i dont know if i understand right, here is my think... If i listen right, this womens is experiment CIA, specialy 512, when this experiment stops, 512 run away or something and give birth some children, her daughters have own daughters. This women have ability see the future and because they see different future like Millennium group. If i understand right, Millennium is not want accept fact that future been different like theyrs prophecies by Nostradamus, and because they dont want it, they kill all that women, because they may something change... This is what im not sure, they use them before the outbreak in Seattle? Like they predict for Millennium that disease coming soon? And because that they prepare themselves and give Frank that antidote?

Another thing is why they kill all this women after 13 years as Frank said? And whats going on with Peter Watts, i thing that in Time is now want help stop Millennium and now he is with them like that never happen. And finaly, Lara Means and her disapear, where is she? I ve seen this season but now i finaly understand more than ever, but is hard with no little czech help, iam one person i know that love Millennium, but is hard because of it, please help me understand more....

• 1 year later...
Guest kath

The actress who played Lara Means had been romanticly involved with some one on the show, and pretty much when the romance ended, so did her time on the show.

The woman with the blue eyes (Grill flame) could sit in one room and see things happening far away. The goverment would not leave them alone, nor would they let the children grow up normal. It was planned that to hide just one child, they would have to sacrifice themselves, and the other children. One more child was to have been on the airplane, but was not put on board. When it crashed, the child was counted among the dead and could begin a new life with out the goverment.

Kath

The actress who played Lara Means had been romanticly involved with some one on the show, and pretty much when the romance ended, so did her time on the show.

Hi Kath :thumbsup:

The individual you are referring to would be Glen Morgan who Kristen married on 13 June 1998 a month after her final scenes were broadcast on the TV. To this day they remain very happily married and have two lovely children who Kristen now spends her time raising which is why she is less active as an actress these days. As far as I understand it she was only ever intended to be on the show for a single season and her character's fate in the mental institution really was intended to be the coda to her story.

I hope you don't mind me pointing that out but I thought you might find it interesting.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...

First thing i said, my confusion is about my english skill, i dont know whats happened because im not the able translate, thats all....My question is about first episode 3 season, well its on two part with these women with blue eyes, i dont know if i understand right, here is my think... If i listen right, this womens is experiment CIA, specialy 512, when this experiment stops, 512 run away or something and give birth some children, her daughters have own daughters. This women have ability see the future and because they see different future like Millennium group. If i understand right, Millennium is not want accept fact that future been different like theyrs prophecies by Nostradamus, and because they dont want it, they kill all that women, because they may something change... This is what im not sure, they use them before the outbreak in Seattle? Like they predict for Millennium that disease coming soon? And because that they prepare themselves and give Frank that antidote?

I wish my German was as good as your English is! In the United States, we sometimes say "Practice makes perfect!"

I had to watch "The Innocents" and "Exogesis" a few times before I fully understood them, even in English for me! Like many Millennium fans, I was looking for these episodes to answer the questions from season 2 that we didn't get until "The Sound Of Snow!" So my thinking was not as focused on these episodes after that scary season 2 cliffhanger.

The ability of the women to predict and see the future threatened the Millennium Group, as the Group wanted to control the future in what people could know about it. Killing the women would help keep their control on this issue.

I realize that you may have understood all this after a few more times of watching these episodes as I did, but I am new to this forum and thought I would share a few thoughts with my Millennium Brethren overseas!

It's also implied that the Millennium Group was willing to risk a world wide pandemic (and potentially the lives of their own families) as the remote-viewers could potentially be used to access information about the Millennium Group. As well as issues of control it was about issues of security as far as they were concerned. I have to say I think this was an ill conceived idea as we are lead to believe that when the global pandemic fails in its intention to kill the women that the Millennium Group suddenly realise it might be quicker to shoot them than to use a lethal plague as a weapon.

I would have thought that that would have been a tidier option from the start and one which afforded a greater degree of success as well.

It is what it is I guess.

Eth

Yep those pesky jumps. I'm pretty sure that when I first saw "The Innocents" and "Exegesis" that I assumed I had missed a story or put the wrong disc in. I couldn't understand the flow at all from the second season to the last season but that's what comes of hindsight isn't it? They genuinely believed "Millennium" would be axed at the end of the second season so much so that when it was picked up for a third season a number of the show's crew had already taken other jobs or had relocated in search of them. There was, by all accounts, a mad dash to get the crew back together in time to begin shooting. They were working with their backs up against the wall and with a season finale that was intended as show finale and they had to continue with those constraints in place.

It's easy to say now how you would have done it differently isn't it.

Eth

Guest teedub

Yep those pesky jumps. I'm pretty sure that when I first saw "The Innocents" and "Exegesis" that I assumed I had missed a story or put the wrong disc in.

Try watching it in real-time. When the third season started and the pandemic was referred to as a relatively small event, I was verrrrrrrrrrry confused. wacko.gif

It's interesting how new producers and new writers have to write shows out of holes and corners. I may have mentioned this on a previous thread, but season 4 of enterprise had the same problem. UPN had given producers Branon Braga and Rick Berman the Boot, but before handing over the reigns to a new head man, Manny Coto, the old producers decided to stick it to the new guy and confuse the plot by zapping the enterprise crew back to Nazi-controlled New York in 1944, with that annoying and going-nowhere temporal cold war timeline. So Old Manny had to use up two episodes to get them out of the mess they were in and get to the cool stuff the Manny did in season 4. I thought the first two "corner episodes" were actually pretty good, though, but I like tht alternate timeline stuff.