X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

The autographed copies must have gone like a rocket. I know of one individual who purchased within the hour of the release going live and didn't receive a signed copy. I suppose the pre-sale at Comic-con was responsible for that and if I'm honest I sincerely hope something like this isn't done for the X-Files Box. It doesn't strike me as fair that when signed copies are few and far between, what there is is offered up for sale first to a select audience.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm slightly panicking here. I got an email confirmation that my order of the TLG/HR CD had shipped on 17th August via USPS but it hasn't arrived.

How much longer would be reasonable to wait before I get in contact with Lalaland?

Libby,

You might want to email them. I got mine within about ten days and I seem to recall Alex mentioning that he received his fairly quickly also. When I purchased the Millennium 2CD I heard nothing at all at first only to email them to be told my order had not been placed and nothing had been despatched. I forwarded to them a copy of the email receipt and a screenshot of my credit card statement and they apologised and rushed a signed copy out to me. Had I not asked I could have been waiting forever I guess.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I emailed them, and got a reply saying "It must be lost. Will resend asap."

I do really feel sorry for them, because it may well not be their fault but they are prepared to bear the cost of sending a replacement.

I just want the music. If I end up without a signed copy that will be a little loss, but the major loss would not being able to listen to Mark Snow's compositions.

At least they are going to send a replacement to you Libby. When I had small problem with my Millennium order they were very helpful but I was informed that the copy they were sending out was unsigned. I did protest and explained that I ordered almost immediately when these went on sale and that a delay in shipping should not prevent me from receiving what I had ordered and they did have a number of spares (I know Jared claimed one also as his signature was smudge when he received it) so all was well that ended well.

I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I have listened to it many times and it is wonderful.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

A CD arrived in the post today! I was so happy I immediately sent an email thanking them for the replacement.

But I've just looked at the customs sticker on the front - and it's dated 8/19/10, so must be the original. Ooops. I'll have to email them again to let them know the original has actually arrived. Three weeks - and it was sent first class and by air mail. I wonder where it got stuck?

I've listened through once so far. Some lovely pieces there.

It's a lovely release isn't it Libby. I don't know if it's because of my preference for "The Lone Gunmen" generally but I prefer the compositions for that series over those for "Harsh Realm". I wondered if others had a preference?

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

La-La-Land posted some titles to be released in the next few months, of course, the X-Box was among it:

Nov 30 - the final 3 (which may include X Files. Although, right now we are doing major reconstruction on the box set so I don't know if it will be done in time so something else might fill its place)

So, it´s possible, if La-La-Land can´t get the reconstructions done in time, that the X-Box will not see the light of day this year, but next year. Come on, Cancerman, give back the tapes! :oneeyedwinK

They'd be mad not to try and get this out for the Christmas market. That said, if it isn't done it isn't done and I have to go back to thinking of something else to put on Christmas wants-list. I would imagine this one will go like hotcakes. Thanks for keeping us informed Alex, I know a lot of people here will be eager to get their hands on the release.

Eth