X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

• Elders (Moderators)

According to this, the next delay of the X-Box is already decided:

Question: It was mentioned in the other X-Files thread that it's expected first quarter 2011, barring any more issues.

You are correct, sir.

MV

Which makes it now almost three years, since Mark Snow mentioned the X-Box in the first place.

Oh no that's such a shame. I had hoped this would be something of a Christmas present to myself. There's a lot to be said for keeping things under your hat isn't there? As you say, three years really is a long time to keep a carrot dangling.

Never mind folks.

Eth

• 4 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

For your interest, another statement concerning the delay of the X-Box, now it´s scheduled for the first quarter of 2011:

Q: I thought I read in a post by MV, The X Files is delayed until Q1: 11

A: It has been.

Things are getting shifted around every day. We have about 6 projects in various forms of artwork approval, so that can certainly delay release dates. Sorry guys, but stuff will come out when it can.

In the meantime, there is some great stuff coming from other labels to keep your appetite in check.

MV

It was about four years from time of leaking, before Bernstein's rejected score to "Gangs of New york" came out. and Intrada Records has release CDs they said they've spent "five year", "three years", and even one: "eight years" working on.

The time is not now But it is [Colonel Sanders]"Soon!"[/Colonel Sanders]

If I understand things right, and that rarely happens, it's Mark Snow himself who is responsible for the eagerness of the fans at the moment isn't it? Didn't he confirm the impending release of the X-Files soundtrack long before La La Lands had begun serious work it? If Mark had have kept quiet I guess none of us would be feeling the loss of that which we never had. :whistling:

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, Mark said, that La-La-Land is working on a Box-Set, that was now several years ago and by that point, they already had to be going through the material, to sort out, what would be featured in the Box-Set. As I wrote before, MV from La-La-Land must have had a heart attack nearly, when he found out, that Snow spoke about this matter in an interview. So, if Mark wouldn´t have mentioned it, this thread here wouldn´t exist.

I´m sure, that La-La-Land is working on the set as fast as they can, but as MV mentioned before, there are some many things, that can postpone a release. As a matter of fact, the tapes with Snow´s music on were another thing, that had to be sorted out, obviously Fox didn´t archive the tapes very well, so they had to look all over the place to get all the tapes together, maybe some tapes are from Snow´s private collection also.

Now it's interesting that you should mention Fox here. I can't say whether this is 100% fact or not but I was told that when the Millennium DVD Boxed set was being put together it became apparent that a considerable amount of footage that was being considered for extra content was discovered to have been waylaid over the years by 20th Century Fox. When you consider the amount of promotional material that would have been broadcast by Fox at the time Millennium aired it is rather odd that the official releases are so scant (virtually bereft in my opinion) on content. It would seem that Fox are a little slapdash in their archiving.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Not only Fox, Mark. :oneeyedwinK I guess, it´s just too much material, that goes into the archives there every day. Getting back to Soundtracks, some fans asked Stu Phillips, if it is possible, that his complete score from "Buck Rogers" could be released some day. Stu replied, that all the tapes are in the archives of Universal, but he already asked them about that and simply got the answer, that nobody at Universal knows, who owns the rights for Buck Rogers right know. I mean, imagine that, you have tons of reels with music on it in your archives, but you don´t know, if you can do something with it anymore.

Luckily there are loyal fans and they really found out by research, who owns the rights for Buck Rogers now and mailed that to Stu Phillips. Stu was very surprised and he promised, that he will contact these people, talking about a CD-Release of the music.