X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

• Elders (Moderators)

Press Announcement by La-La-Land-Records:

You read that right – this is the first Volume of music we plan to release from this landmark television series. VOLUME TWO is already in the works and is scheduled to be released in 2012.

THE X-FILES VOLUME ONE – 4 CD SET

Music by Mark Snow

LLLCD 1170

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Retail price: $49.98

Produced by Mark Snow, James Nelson and MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson, Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Randall D. Larson

Art Direction by Mark Banning

La-La Land Records is honored to announce THE X-FILES VOLUME ONE. This 4 disc set features over 6 hours of some of the creepiest, most elegant AND suspenseful action music composed from this now classic television show. After working on this project for more than two years, Mark Snow, James Nelson and the rest of the gang at La-La Land have come up with, what we believe to be, the absolute BEST musical moments from show. Housed in an attractive reinforced black cardboard slipcase, this collection of music from all 9 Seasons of the hit television show is a must have keepsake for any fan of the series! The 40 page booklet includes in depth liner notes by Randall D. Larson, detailing the history of the series, its music and its mystery. Comments from composer Mark Snow give the listener a deeper insight into his craft.

As an added bonus, composer Mark Snow was kind enough to sign the first 400 or so units purchased directly through the La-La Land website at no additional charge!

Artwork, sound clips and more details to follow.

So, it´s official, more sets will follow! :notworthy:

On the FSM-Board La-La-Land is already revealing some tracks: https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?pageID=1&forumID=1&threadID=78539&archive=0

• Elders (Moderators)

Oh, :censored:.

I'm usually pretty proficient with a lot of techy stuff. But I'm not good with working out time zones - me in the UK, LaLaLand in the US. But am I on daylight savings time?; are they on daylight savings time? Or neither? I love UTC - if you know what that is you could probably guess why.

Anyway, having gone through various time conversion websites, I decided the best thing to do was to look at the LATimes website which gave the local time. (LaLaLand is based in Burbank.) Figure out the local time difference from then to 12 pm and make the same adjustment here. Sorted.

So I was sitting here at 8:00:01, grasping my credit card so tightly it was at risk of melting. I have the LaLaLand website up and I'm hitting F5, F5, F5. Nada, zilch, nothing, zero.

Check out the Haven to see if anyone else is reporting a <gasp> glitch, and there I see it in cold stark black-and-white words on the screen: Its 1 p.m. not 12. Exactly as it was in the automatic email I got.

Obviously, I have to add to my difficulty in figuring out time zones an apparently complete inability to actually read the words.

:doh:

Guest ZeusFaber

Hi Libby and everyone :hiya:

I ordered my copy on the stroke of 9pm here and very pleased to learn I managed to snag one of the autographed copies. For anyone who hasn't seen the notice already, any orders with a number spanning 36112 - 36695 has a signed edition.

Very much looking forward to listening, and here's hoping no one gets slapped with any nasty customs charges!

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi, ZF. How are you doing?

I noticed your name in the "visited today" list and did this: :biggrin:!

Good to have you back with us.

I saw mention of the numbering system over on the Haven, and couldn't figure out where it was on the automatic email I got - until I realised it's in the subject line. Mine's 36236, so I should get the autographed version, which is a bonus, but I just wanted to get the music and my concern was that if I didn't get my order in p.d.q. they'd have run out.

I'm going to have to be patient, though. When I ordered the MM music, the discs took ages to arrive. I emailed LaLaLand when they hadn't arrived and, bless them, they sent me a (non-autographed) replacement. Then the (autographed) originals turned up followed soon after by the replacements which I then returned to them. I didn't have to pay (UK) customs duties on either set but I can't recall what they put on the customs label so it didn't attract customs duties. I should think that as LaLaLand ship globally, they probably incorporate customs duties to particular countries in the shipping costs and deal with it that way. (I hope.)

Guest ZeusFaber

I'm well, thanks. How's things with you?

I too was mainly concerned with getting a copy before they all sold out, with the autograph as a wonderful bonus.

The ways of customs are a complete mystery to me. I had no problems with Millennium or The Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm, but I worry that the package will no doubt be heavier with the 4 discs, as well as the additional face value. But I have no idea how it really works. I expect there's a large amount of pot luck involved.

Thoughts already turning to Volume Two!

missed out on a signed one but money by beginning of this week I'd be happy with just the release itself. It looks amazing. Didn't even know about it until they had all gone they autographed copies.