X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

• Elders (Moderators)

Just got an email in from La La Land about an announcement on the 20th of two new limited editions:

The 5000 Unit Limited Edition is a 2-CD Set priced at $29.98. The first 100 units of this CD will be autographed by the composer.

The 3000 Unit Limited Edition is priced at $19.98

No mention of what these are. Dare we hope?

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, the 5000 will be, as I stated before, "Independence Day" by David Arnold, the other one is indeed still a mystery, but for a Mark Snow release, it seems very high, 3000 copies, so I guess it won´t be The Lone Gunmen, but of course I will never give up hope. ;)

• Like 1

It does seem like the X-Files release doesn't it? As Alex states, it looks a little high to be either The Lone Gunmen or Harsh Realm (as I doubt either of them would get a larger release than MIllennium) which only leaves XF.

Bring it on :thumbsup:

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

So, the 3000 was "The Poseidon Adventure" by John Williams. I told you, 3000 is too high for a Mark Snow release and MV was serious, don´t expect The X-Box before fall.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest notbadforahuman

I'm very pleased Release is included as I thought it was a highly underrated episode from an unfairly criticised ninth season.

Wholeheartedly agree with you. OUTSTANDING episode. Honestly, the music in 'Release' sometimes brings me to tears. Especially the 'SWAT raid' sequence.

I absolutely love Release folks. I didn't realise it was an underrated episode. It's a great episode for Robert and Annabeth and I find it one of the hardest to watch in terms of how much you empathise with the torment that Doggett through and that's all down to Robert's superb performance.

I'm very happy to see music coming from that episode but saddened that the release isn;t coming as soon as we expected.

Still patience is a virtue and better to have it done right than rushed.

Eth

• 4 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

A little update: On the 20th of July, La-La-Land will release just one title on cd, because The X-Box should have been the second one, but as we all know, the release has been pushed back. MV is now speaking of a release in October.

Just to update:

7/20 will have one biggie, instead of two (the second one was supposed to be X-Files... now that is tentatively scheduled for October).

MV