X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Guest LeHah

Guest WaveCrest

That's a fair price for the X Files CD set. Hope a booklet is included, going into detail about the music tracks.

• Elders (Admins)

I've just finished editing the transcript of S9 "Release" (checking the transcript against the DVD, looking for mistakes, typos, etc, so not watching the episode in the usual sense). The music in that episode is so melodic and haunting. I hope that's included in the box set.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Moderators)

I've just finished editing the transcript of S9 "Release" (checking the transcript against the DVD, looking for mistakes, typos, etc, so not watching the episode in the usual sense). The music in that episode is so melodic and haunting. I hope that's included in the box set.

The music for "Release" was in every list I´ve seen so far, so I guess at least one track will be on the X-Box. :fool:

"We worry...we wait...who´s gonna see a different future?"
Frank Black

"Are you aware how often you use negative associated words?"
"No, I don´t neither."

Jose Chung´s Doomsday Defense

On the other hand they were talking about a single release, since the second release should have been the X-Box and I don´t know if they really planned both, X-Files and Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm, to be released on the same date.

Yes that's what I had heard when they first talked of releasing more 1013 music, a single release for Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm, that was back in 2008. I found this interview with Mark Snow, but I believe there was another one with Frank Spotnitz which mentioned the project -- if anyone can find it I'd be happy to add it in the 1013 Database!

SK: What about the series? I remember when THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT CD came out. I was very excited they finally released your music from the show. Any future plans of releasing more?

MS: I understand that there’s going to be CDs released on the other series that Chris did: MILLENNIUM, THE LONE GUNMEN, and HARSH REALM.

They’re talking about this massive compilation of THE X-FILES too. But nine years times…it could be ten thousand minutes of music! That would be a real challenge to choose from that much music but I understand that that is in the works too.

(June 24, 2008)

But again, since I can't find the interview I'm thinking about I may be talking nonsense.

It would be a big surprise if the Comic Con release is Mark Snow music! There has been no talk about this project for nearly two years and all people have been talking about has been the "X-Box" :grinning: So I don't think it will be, but you never know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

Today La-La-Land announced their CDs for the ComicCon and they are "Batman" by Danny Elfman (Complete Score on 2 CDs) and "Krull" by James Horner (Complete Score on 2 CDs). Furthermore they announced some CDs, that will be released later that year:

Batman Returns (Danny Elfman, 2 CDs)

Jade (James Horner)

The storyteller (Rachel Portman)

Cluedo (1985 film by Jonathan Lynn)

X-files Box Set (Mark Snow)

Alien Resurrection (John Frizzell)

So, still no sign of "Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm" sadly.

Frank Black

"No, I don´t neither."

Of related interest (from another message board):

I didn't notice any comment about this (my apologies if this has already been discussed), but another new release from La La Land that was featured at the Comic Con preview night was Mark Snow's music to both the Lone Gunment and Harsh Realm. It is a single disc, and is limited to 2000 units. I snagged a copy last night, and even got an autographed booklet!

The New Number 2: "Are you going to run?"

Number 6: "Like blazes. The first chance I get."

-The Prisoner

YES! I take it there's no official release date yet for the Lone Gunmen/Harsh Real release? I want to make sure I get one of the autographed copies. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that there is tons more LG material on the release than HR. Unlikely I know but one can dream.

Thank you all for keeping us updated so well.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Elders (Moderators)

Yeah, I read this with great surprise as well, since there was no hint by La-La-Land and there is still no possibility to order this title from their site, which is very unusual, since it wasn´t mentioned at all by the executives of La-La-Land on the ComicCon.

Frank Black

"No, I don´t neither."

It seems The New Number 2 beat me to it, LLL did unexpectedly distribute some LG/HR CDs at the SDCC! :jumping:

As I thought it would be, it's a single disc for the two shows. 2000 is as much as for the MM release. I'm guessing they might make a double-feature offer of this CD along with the XF set, when the XF set gets released.

Am I right to assume that the lucky individual in question did not share any pictures of the product? I am curious to see the artwork for the release and hope that it is as nicely done as the Millennium release. Worse case scenario for me would be an image split down the center with a TLG on one half and HR on the other. I hope something imaginative and surprising has been done given that it's a join release.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this product.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png