X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

Wish this person would consider sharing the music. I'm confused, how did he "snag" a copy when it's not available yet, and an autographed booklet? :confused:

Mark, I love the signature with the golden oro and TIWWA. Beautiful ! ! !

• Elders (Moderators)

I hope it´s not a fake...but anyway, until this monday La-La-Land is closed for vacation, perhaps they´ll announce the title on monday already. Concerning the artwork: There were some releaes in the past from La-La-Land that had two scores on one CD and the cover artwork was indeed a split image with the one movie on the one and the other movie on the other side of the cover. This has to do with laws and rights, I can´t tell you precisely why, but according to La-La-Land there are simply contractual reasons and copyright laws that forced them to design the artwork as they did.

Thank you for the additional information Alex, it looks like we may well get split image rendering of the front cover then which is a shame given how beautiful the original design is for the Millennium release.

When you mention fake Alex are you wondering aloud about the possibility that the individual in question is telling a few fibs when it comes to owning an advanced and signed copy of this release? I must say it's odd that they individual makes no mention of how long the release is, how many tracks are on it, what the tracklist is and there are no photographs at all the product. I wonder if they were asked to keep it quiet.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I don´t think that La-La-Land is selling a CD on a spot like a ComicCon, where thousands of people are and tell everybody to keep their mouth shut. This makes no sense at all, someone will tell. What makes me doubt this whole thing is indeed the lack of information and the fact, that the CD wasn´t mentioned by anyone from La-La-Land on the ComicCon and they released a list with titles, that they will put out in the near future and this release wasn´t on it. On the other hand the masters for the CD are long done and Mark Snow spoke about a release in the near future as La-La-Land did. I´ve written a mail to MV, we´ll see, what he has to say. I don´t know if Mark Snow is at the ComicCon, but La-La-Land announced signed copies of this title and they also offer the possibility to get your CD signed by the composers themselves at the ComicCon, like with their release of John Debney´s score to "Predators".

It also would be unfair for all those people, who don´t have the chance to get to the ComicCon, to sell all signed copies there, it is also an additional goodie to sell a signed CD. But enough of that, time will tell. :biggrin:

I agree wholeheartedly with you Alex. Truth be told I have sent an email to Mark Snow to express out interest in this release and how excited we all are to finally have it so I'll let you good folks know if he responds with anything as I did make mention of the rumour that some people already have a copy of this. I have to say I'm with you all the way and people seem to be being into this far too readily. When the individual in question suggested that he had a copy of the CD no one seems to have paused for breath to ask him anything about it. I would have thought someone would have at least asked for a few details here and there.

Hopefully Mark will have an idea about the release date for this as well.

Can I just clarify, is this a two CD release like the Millennium release with one disc representing each of the shows or is it simply a single disc release? Given that two of the tracks will no doubt be the opening titles that doesn't leave a great deal of room for much from either show does it? Five tracks or so each maybe?

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

The user from the other board says "It´s a single disc", but as long as we don´t see it... :bigsmile:

I also don´t know if this would be an act of wisdom selling a CD only on the ComicCon first and then later you can order it from their website, just think of all the people buying this CD and selling it again via Ebay. Not only would this lower the sales of the company itself, when you can already buy this on Ebay, the seller could argue that this is a real rare CD, nowhere available, and the price for it would rise, maybe even much more above the real price for this thing, when it finally comes out. As a costumer I would be very angry at La-La-Land.

• Elders (Moderators)

So, the proof is made, the reports are true, the CD was sold at the ComicCon and according to MV from La-La-Land the CD will go on sale some time in August, here is the proof from the ComicCon (and it´s cover artwork only shows the Lone Gunmen):

5144d1280169094-lone-gunmen-und-harsh-realm-mark-snow-kommen-von-la-la-land-3-3.jpg

That's a shame, it doesn't look like we can view the image unless we are registered users of the forum. Alex, is there another way you could share the image as I am dying to see it?

Eth