Sense and Antisense

Rate this topic

Guest cw1925

Guest cw1925

Alright, so I've seen this a couple of days ago, and meant to start a topic on it yesterday, but due to symptoms of laziness (quiet contagious), I never got around to it. I have one question that may lead to many. Just how did the scientist who traveled to Rwanda return to normal? Did he have the antidote or what? And what was meant by trucks? I have others but I can't think of them right now.

Guest RodimusBen

Who knows? Not to sound flippant but this was one of the worst episodes of the series. I think the trucks reference to machines controlling everything. The whole scene where the guy in the alley babbling on and on about it is so awful.

Hi guys,

Who knows?
Really? Whilst I have no desire to argue the merits of this episode the 'trucks' reference is explained, in detail, in the episode. Project 5C03 is a conglomerate managed by Doctor William Kramer MD, PhD to undertake research into the Chromosome 4 Ideogram in order to gain control of higher human cognitive function. An aberrant medical faction, oft considered to be an offshoot the Millennium Group, high jacked this research, spreading it across five thousand separate facilities, each devoted to analysing a single strand of DNA in order to create a modified version of a haemorrhagic pathogen which is the precursor to the Marburg prion later utilised by the Millennium Group during the season finale. Desiring a focus group, this prototype agent is distributed amongst the homeless via soup trucks until such time as the project is discovered and dissolved by the Group. The inspiration for this episode was 'TheTuskegee Experiment', a clinical study, conducted between 1932 and 1972 in Tuskegee, Alabama by the U.S. Public Health Service. They recruited 399 poor, illiterate, African American males with syphilis to study for research related to the natural progression of the disease if left untreated. Tuskegee is mentioned numerous times during the episode.

Whether you like it or not there is far more going on here than initially meets the eye, or maybe I'm wrong?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
Whether you like it or not there is far more going on here than initially meets the eye, or maybe I'm wrong?

Rest assured, that's also I understood it!

Not to sound flippant but this was one of the worst episodes of the series.

Really? It's one of my favorite... I've always loved Chip Johannessen weird episodes. He always manged to attack the concept of impending doom or evil with an unmatched originality in the series (in my opinion of course).

Did he have the antidote or what?

I'm not sure it needed an antidote. I don't think you're really meant to see the madness/evil* as a disease in this episode, but more as something that is genetically inherent to all of us. They merely found a way to activate it or deactivate it on purpose. The victims/lab-rats were being forced to do things they could have never imagine doing; like trucks being driven on roads they didn't even dreamed existed. So that's basically the other meaning of the trucks: besides being part of the methodology of their operation, the trucks are also a metaphor for the human beings and our genes are the steering wheels we can't always control.

* I don't think the word "evil" is too strong in this case, especially with the Rwanda reference. I've always enjoyed the discussion about the "geneticity of evil". That may be why I like this episode so much... should've been a two parter.

Guest cw1925
I'm not sure it needed an antidote. I don't think you're really meant to see the madness/evil* as a disease in this episode, but more as something that is genetically inherent to all of us. They merely found a way to activate it or deactivate it on purpose. The victims/lab-rats were being forced to do things they could have never imagine doing; like trucks being driven on roads they didn't even dreamed existed. So that's basically the other meaning of the trucks: besides being part of the methodology of their operation, the trucks are also a metaphor for the human beings and our genes are the steering wheels we can't always control.

* I don't think the word "evil" is too strong in this case, especially with the Rwanda reference. I've always enjoyed the discussion about the "geneticity of evil". That may be why I like this episode so much... should've been a two parter.

So, basically, they activated him at the beginning, yet somehow, when the CDC came, they deactivated him to make him appear completely normal?

Guest RodimusBen

OK, I'm the minority... no biggie. But IMHO... ugh. This episode and "A Single Blade of Grass" almost made me give up on the show.

Please Ben, don't give up.

Man is divided into four parts. Man IS a spirit, has a programmable mind, a soul realm of feelings and emotions that needs to be controlled, and a flesh body to live in that will decay without transformation, or transfiguration.

cw, below is an excerpt of part one of a message I call, "Music Man," on this and I have posted it because of your statement:

something that is genetically inherent to all of us. They merely found a way to activate it or deactivate it on purpose.

I hope I haven't over-stepped any boundries here, and that you enjoy reading the following. Please do not see me as preaching, please just see this as sharing something awesome that was revealed to me.

Vibrations of both light and sound are synchronous, occurring at the same rate or in phase, and connected to the creation. Sound was the beginning process of light. “And God said, let there be light.” The body of man contains music and it has to be tuned. It was discovered back in the late 80’s that music is contained in the DNA in our cell structure, in the form of vibrations and tones duplicated and recorded by researchers. Our DNA has 2 chains, or strands, or also called ladders, and these vibrations and tones were found in the sequence ladders of the DNA. The only thing that can change our DNA is the power of God’s light by entering into the DNA, and then staying there long enough to totally reconstruct the program that has been mixed with the seed of the serpent from the very beginning. Through the cell structure the enemy was able to break us down. The program that God placed there in the beginning must be reconstructed. The RNA reads the DNA and becomes a copy. The DNA is the master tape and the RNA receives all the information contained in the DNA. The RNA reads the steps, or the basis just like an eye reading music or an ear hearing music. It moves up the DNA ladder, and reads in sets of 3’s. The first thing that must enter the DNA of the physical body is the program of spirit. If the program of soul (emotions, affections) goes into the first block at the DNA ladder, then you will be a person whose soul controls the spirit. Obviously, if the program of spirit goes into the first block of the DNA, then you will be a person whose spirit controls the soul. The first line of the RNA is called “Messenger RNA.” So what this is saying here is, before the right program can go into the cell structure of your body, you have to have the right messenger reading the right program, transforming the right kind of information. This is why the Word speaks of the harps of God, which is related to the redeemed and the over-comers who have had their cell structure reconstructed, transformed. They are tuned and their music, light and sound, is in perfect vibration, synchronized with the Holy Spirit, with God, back to the original created state.

On the subject of our DNA, we have been cursed with the curse of Adam. Adam’s name in Hebrew refers to the blood. God raised up Adam from the earth element and he contained the divine life of God coursing through his veins. Death had no power over his body. When that which is called “the fall” happened, the seed of the serpent entered the genetics of Adam and the curse spoken by God was passed on from generation to generation. The curse was on the earth element that Adam had fallen into from the heavenly realm he had inhabited and that curse was carried in his DNA. God wants to reconcile every atom and every molecule to Himself, in particular the DNA molecule that contains the blueprint of our physical beings. Remember the story of the ladder or stairway that Jacob had revealed to him that he declared was the house of God? Well, God was giving him a revelation of the double helix DNA molecule that is shaped like a spiral staircase. This revelation knowledge enabled Jacob years later to manipulate the genetics of Laban’s cattle. Far out, yes; and so is God.

Darlene

Guest cw1925
Please Ben, don't give up.

Man is divided into four parts. Man IS a spirit, has a programmable mind, a soul realm of feelings and emotions that needs to be controlled, and a flesh body to live in that will decay without transformation, or transfiguration.

cw, below is an excerpt of part one of a message I call, "Music Man," on this and I have posted it because of your statement:

I hope I haven't over-stepped any boundries here, and that you enjoy reading the following. Please do not see me as preaching, please just see this as sharing something awesome that was revealed to me.

Darlene

I'm atheist, and am very accustomed to such preachery. But I am not offended in any way. In fact, it's beautiful poetry (poetry doesn't always have to rhyme).

So basically, this episode is telling us it's innate in us all and they've found a way to torture us without using any other tangible devise?

Edited by cw1925

Guest Laurent.

What do you mean "to torture us"? They've found a way to create chaos and violence... and probably to induce other kinds of behavior as well.

The idea that some everyday men and women can be turned into violent and irrational (trying hard not to say evil) human being by science is also explored in the third season. Have you seen it yet?