Pocatello, Idaho

Rate this topic

Wow Mark, I either read the same thing about Africa, or saw it on a video, from possibly the Discovery or History Channel. Not a bit surprising.

If you all haven't seen 2012, I recommend you do, the special effects will blow you away, and oh my, the end, awesome. :clapping:

2012 is a fun little film isn't it Darlene? I couldn't shake the fact that it is damn near identical to "Deep Impact" but when all is said and done there is nothing new under the sun I guess.

Eth

• 1 year later...

eh, sort of. One of the things that I noted (as my brother and his wife lived there for many years while she taught at the university) is that yellowstone isn't that far away. The other issue was that *when* yellowstone blows (with in the next 40 years) it will take out 4-6 states around it including Pocotella Idaho. Its a pretty tiny place, you have to fly into boisie(sp) first (1 gate) and then fly to pocotella. (sp) While there may not be fault lines, you can still feel earthquakes (having live in PA, and felt two in my life time)

Kath

Experts are saying the Yellowstone could blow any day now. That's depressing.

I honestly don't feel there's a safe place anywhere. If you're not hit with a tornado, or hurricane, or earthquake, or drought, yor're hit with a flood.

With my limited understanding, I think the fault line is where they two plates meet, but the actual earthquake wouldn't be far away. Japan is one of a few that sits at a conjunction of 3 plates. Attached is an image of the plates world-wide.

post-3933-0-04875000-1317317436_thumb.gi