Fencewalker is out at the end of the year?

Rate this topic

In her recent interview for Collider.com, the multi-talented actress/singer/musician Katie Cassidy spoke about the upcoming top-secret Chris Carter drama Fencewalker.

katie_cassidy_image__2_.jpg

Question: What can you say about Fencewalker and working with Chris Carter (The X-Files)?

Katie: Fencewalker was really great. It was actually really challenging for me to take on that role. I can’t say much about it, but I was going through a place in my life, while I was shooting that movie. I went through a difficult time, but it’s something that needed to happen, in order to get all the colors that Chris wanted out of this girl. That needed to happen to me. It was definitely an emotional experience, but nothing that I would ever take back. Chris Carter is a great director and a great writer. The script was amazing! And, I’m so happy to have been a part of something like that. It’s going to be really great. I think that will be out at the end of the year.

Question: Is it hard to keep working on projects that are so secretive?

Katie: I hate secrets! But, it’s fun. It is secret and you can’t talk about it. I’d love to sit here and tell you all about the things that I’ve gone through. It makes it a little difficult when it comes to stuff like this because I can’t really get too in-depth with any of it, as far as the storyline goes, but it makes it exciting.

Read full interview HERE.

So guys what do you think about it? ;) I think it's great news.

Guest Laurent.

I think it's amazing news! Thanks for posting it here!

I guess it's very possible that she's not even aware of the problems Chris may have (or seem to have) finding a distributor. So she might be simply guessing about the release date.

Anyway, she's so positive about the script... I hope it's not just to help market the movie and that we'll really get something special from Carter.

Hi Guys,

I do hope that that her thinking is based on some sort of information rather than gut instinct but since this project has been dormant for so long on the net it is nice to have something, anything to muse over. Has anyone managed to suss out what this film is about yet? I do understand the need for secrecy and don't expect we'll ever know the plot in advance but anyone got a hold on the genre yet? I've read drama, thriller, horror and comedy and combinations of all four, would appreciate the latest if anyone has it.

Best wishes,

Eth

Laurent --

Well, I don't know if Katie really knows something about the release date or not, but I know that for the first time we hear some positive news about possible release date, so I guess this is great.

And Katie is not the first person to say that the script is amazing. Actress Natalie Dormer said it as well. So maybe it's really amazing. :)

Eth --

it seems like this movie is a coming of age drama with some political undertones. I'm almost sure it's not comedy and horror.

Edited by Blackoil

Guest Laurent.
And Katie is not the first person to say that the script is amazing. Actress Natalie Dormer said it as well. So maybe it's really amazing. :)

Let's hope so!

Just like the rest of you, I too look forward to something from Chris Carter. Does anyone know what Fencewalker is about?

Blackoil, I love your Harsh Realm avatar. I so wish the show had lasted longer, it really was good. I'm thankful it's on DVD too so I can at least see it when I want to.

Earthnut, thanks! I love my Harsh Realm avatar, too, but today I decided to change it LOL ;)

As for what Fencewalker is about, The Hollywood Reporter describes it as "a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements".

According to some sources, there are some political and racial undertones in the movie. For example, Katie Cassidy plays the wife of a young (black?) politician (supposedly played by Mehcad Brooks) who is being groomed for the presidency and who has a "black sheep love interest" played by Natalie Dormer.

Mark Snow who composes music for Fencewalker said that if we want to guess what Fencewalker is about we have to think about Lynch's "Blue Velvet."

That's all we know for sure.

The rest is rumors.

Guest Laurent.

Your new avatar is very nice Juri! Is that your own creation?

@ Earthnut: You can take a quick look at imdb's Fencewalker page for a very long list of actors (for a film surrounded with so much secrecy). Xzibit, from IWTB fame (haha), is in it. And so is D.B. Sweeney (Harsh Realm's Pinocchio)!

Hi guys,

Been having a dig around expecting to find nothing and nothing I found, but, Natalie Dormer is being credited as playing Yasnie by some of her fansites, her character remains nameless at IMDB and poptower.com stated in the last week that this film will open this year, they seem fairly confident so that's hopeful. As far as secrecy goes I'll give Chris Carter this, he is damn good :)

Eth