No Mention Of S2 R1 Yet!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

This is kind of disheartening. I hoped some news would trickle out by now. The R2 release would seem to indicated a R1 would happen. I just thought with the R1 release of Season 1 just 20 days away that there would be some word.

• Elders (Moderators)

That's very odd (as well as being disheartening). I guess I've got used to DVDs coming out first in the US (though I think we here in the UK/EU got Buffy first), so I at least have tended to look at what's going on in the US DVD market for some idea of when things will be available over here. It is strange that it seems to be working the other way in respect of Millennium.

I wonder if it's some kind of test marketing - to see what the sales are like here for S1 and then S2 before releasing more in either market. On the other hand, that really doesn't make sense since it wouldn't be good for Fox's PR if they became known for not releasing the whole of a series on DVD. And in any case, I would have thought the costs of production tend to diminish with subsequent series - I mean that once the process has started, it's easy to carry on.

Just another thought: might there be a problem regarding copyright? Just thinking about the music that was involved in Season 2 - maybe there's a problem negotiating the music copyright fees for the US but not the EU?

Whatever the reason, I hope there's some news soon. I have to say I'm not going to believe anything until the DVDs actually get delivered here.

Hope you USers hear something good soon.

I think FOX US is still trying to figure out where they would place S2 on the schedule. I mean they haven't even locked down a date for the R1 release of Season 2 of ROSWELL (which supposedly sees release in the UK in August) and they're looking at the 4th qaurter for that. So if there is a US release of Season 2 of Millennium, I'm guessing they might be waiting for October or later (unless they decide to announce a late September release in the next couple of weeks).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest se7en

......I promise, on the penalty of my own death by being fed to pigs, that all 3-seasons will,"100% guranteed", be released. with "FUX" it's all about sales numbers and money and they HAVE very much taken notice of the almost unreal pre-order stats from Amazon and other sites as well. "You can't stop it."

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
......I promise, on the penalty of my own death by being fed to pigs, that all 3-seasons will,"100% guranteed", be released. with "FUX" it's all about sales numbers and money and they HAVE very much taken notice of the almost unreal pre-order stats from Amazon and other sites as well.  "You can't stop it."

~se7en :ouro:

Yeah I was gonna say, there's no way they could justify not releasing it after seeing the preorder stats from Amazon alone. I'm just hoping that they don't wait as long as they did between releasing X-Files sets. My guess is October at the earliest.

Guest Regan MacNeil

"Do you know what it's like to scream in silence three hundred and sixty five days of the year?"

HOPEFULLY, Season 1 will come with an insert that will tell us when and if we will get Season 2.

Guest se7en

....i know as much as the next MM fanatic how painful it can be to be a MM fan. having said that i promise you, though i can understand you not wanting to beleive it till you see it, that there is no "if" as to S2 OR,thank the lord, S3 coming put. it will happen. hell the specs and 98% of the extras are already known and titled, and all the extras have thier running times and have been rated. and some U.K. sites are already taking pre-orders for it along with a picture of the S2 box set.

~cheers,

se7en :ouro:

Guest The Frenchman
....i know as much as the next MM fanatic how painful it can be to be a MM fan. having said that i promise you, though i can understand you not wanting to beleive it till you see it, that there is no "if" as to S2 OR,thank the lord, S3 coming put. it will happen. hell the specs and 98% of the extras are already known and titled, and all the extras have thier running times and have been rated. and some U.K. sites are already taking pre-orders for it along with a picture of the S2 box set.

~cheers,

se7en :ouro:

Of course it will happen !!!

In France, the 3 seasons will be released. Some sites are already taking pre-orders and show the packagings (I sent the third season pic to Graham).

Be confident, The Time is Now !

The Frechman.

PS : by the way, R2 French DVDs does have english audio tracks