Star Trek

If I understand it right, this is star trek in an alternate timeline? That's why spock and Uhura were a couple, etc???? That's why old Spock comes to see new Spock? Wow, That won't happen again, Leonard Nimoy passed away. Sad.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

If I understand it right, this is star trek in an alternate timeline? That's why spock and Uhura were a couple, etc???? That's why old Spock comes to see new Spock? Wow, That won't happen again, Leonard Nimoy passed away. Sad.

The good part is feeling pretty sure the new ST movie will at least honor him somehow, and give him closure with the story line. They are bound to at least bring him up in a conversation somewhere, they can't completely ignore his character. I look forward to seeing how they honor him.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

They say this new movie comes out in 2016. Yeah they might mention it. They'd have to write in a portal close or the death of Spock prime. I wonder if they will have Kirk prime contact the young kirk and tell him, of if Kirk contacts young spock? I wish they'd write in all the surviving characters from the series, maybe show them having a memorial.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

A memorial would be nice, but they already did that in a previous movie when Spoke died, before he was resurrected. It will be interesting to see how they honor him, if they do, in the new movie. I sure hope they do.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I think they would have to address the issue. Not sure though!

Yeah, it would depend upon the story line.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

As much as I didn't want to, I kind of liked the new star trek movies. I still like the original series and actors best though.

I believe you are speaking for all of us. The new movies are so well produced, and so entertaining that we can't help but like them. Yes, the original series will always hold a special place in our hearts.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 7 months later...

NASA Has Designed a Warp Ship Inspired by ‘Star Trek’s Enterprise

star-trek-warp-ship-nasa-images-slice.jp

When does science-fiction become science fact? Throughout various mediums over the last few centuries, we’ve seen early versions of concepts that would eventually become a reality. Sometimes these portrayals are pretty far off base (still waiting on those flying cars), while other times they feel downright prescient. But in the case of Star Trek and one particular engineer at NASA, science-fiction actually informed science fact, with NASA engineer and physicist Harold White now actively working on a space ship that would allow travel faster than the speed of light—or, for the Star Trek inclined, warp speed.

White announced this idea a few years ago, with the concept seeking to allow travel faster than the speed of light by literally expanding space-time behind the object and contracting space-time in front of it. In reality, the object doesn’t “go fast,” but instead takes advantage of Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity to move between space-time.

(Rest of the story with more images)

https://collider.com/star-trek-warp-ship-nasa-images/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

they have a hand held scanner coming soon that uses a laser , sends it to a satalite , then sends a report back to the unit.  They say it can scan food for additives , GMOs and pills to see what they are made of ie if they are illegal drugs or fake prescription drugs .  Amazing !

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!