S3 - To watch... or not?

Rate this topic

Guest Nekurat

Guest Nekurat

Hi everyone!

I've just finished watching S2 and I'm totally... shocked. What a finale! What a season! The myth-arc is superrior to X-files... and that is me saying... an X-files oldtimer.

I'm not so much into whole monster/killer of the week... I'm even not a religeous person, bu I really liked the apocalyptic tone of S1 and S2... the later even more.

Now: shall I continiue watching S3 or is better to stop at The time is now? I've read that it is a symbiosis of 1 and 2 but still... What's the overall quality of s3? I would hate it to see MillenniuM turned out like second half of twin peaks S2 (with exception of finale).

cheers,

N.

Guest ZeusFaber

Of course you should watch S3. It's one of the best seasons of Millennium -- a fantastic television show.

I hope you enjoy every minute of it. I envy you being able to watch it for the very first time.

Hi Nekurat!

You should most definitely watch it, in fact, I can't quite conceive of a salient argument against watching it although I have heard a few attempts in the past. Think of it as having a meal; starter, main and desert. You may as well go the whole hog. Surely you want to know how it all ends?

Eth

PS I notice it's your first post so allow me to welcome you to the board. Here's hoping you have a fantastic time and, if you should jump on board for the ride that is 'Season Three' don't hesitate to tell us what you think. I love see Millennium again through a newbies eyes!

• Elders (Admins)

Got to agree, why stop at Season 2 just because its not everyone's cup of tea? So many great episodes in S3 justify its existence and I totally agree with model217, The Sound of Snow is a brilliant episode and Lance should have won an Emmy for his role in this episode.

Guest FrankBlack

Season 2 ended so tragically I can understand your hesitation....but I feel season 3 is truly worth checking out. Plus our friend Lance provides a fine commentary track ( along with Klea Scott) for the first episode of S3, which for me was worth the price of admission! So, welcome to the group, and enjoy the show!

:hiya: Welcome to the group Nekurat.

I agree with everyone, watching season 3 is a must. You can tease Venomn, another newbie, who is in the process of watching season 2 right now. He is so very hooked. Yee ha Yippee. :wiggle:

Guest Jim McLean

Yes Season Three is worth it. It is a far more personal season, akin to Season One, with less almighty epically doomsday revelations. At first this might leave you a little cold after the finale to two, but stick with it, there are some fantastic episodes in three especially from mid-season onwards where all have something pertinent to say.