B2FB Merchandise - Third Wave Available!

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I didn't even know you were working on these Baz so they came something of a very much appreciated shock. I hope you have had the chance to see the feedback the first batch of designs are getting at the Blog, the fact they are selling speaks for themselves, people are loving the chance to wear a bit of Millennium.

The designs look absolutely incredible, as we have a mad few days ahead I will unleash the second collection on the public mid week, that way they won't get swamped by the podcast or other entries, and will get the best possible exposure.

For anyone in any doubt as to how good these are, it's worth comparing them to screencaps from the series, for example, the book of matches from The Curse of Frank Black. Brilliant, I am sure you will agree. I had an idea to attempt a few of my own, oddly enough the matches was one, a remake of the movie poster from Thirteen Years Later and the Bucksnort sign from Beware of the Dog. Not a prayer, gave up due in no small part to the fact that I couldn't match the fonts at all. You must have some sort of font detector at work there Baz, great work.

So, I have purchased one Donut Hole and one Vansen West so far and now it's definitely at least four more being added to the list.

Bravo Baz, you have been an asset to this campaign and we thank you for it, additional kudos has to go Laurent, without whom, none of this would have even been discussed, thanks for giving us the push in the right direction.

Eth :notworthy:

Guest Charger

Damn those are pretty interesting t-shirt designs! Any chance for international shopping/shipping? I'd like to get one or two...especially the Dead Letters and the Spotnitz Sanitarium would be pretty interesting....

Also if there would be a design with just the Millennium Ouroboros that would be cool, but is it trademarked so it cannot be used?

No worries, glad they're being enjoyed. And if anyone wants to get us one (2XL) as a thank you, I shall not say no! ;)

I do have to give thanks to Chrisnu's fantastic screencaps site without whom I would still be sitting through every single episode frame by frame looking for ideas.

For batch 3, I am looking at Bucksnort and 13 years later as designs, just that will take longer to work up from scratch than the others, which is why they're being left to the end.

I'm always open to suggestions for future designs btw.

Hi guys,

Charger, where are you located. I know buyers have made purchases from the US, UK and Iceland so far and have found delivery not to be a problem. I can check out the specifics if you are having a particular problem.

Baz, of course we will try to sort out something for you, not sure if it is doable mind, which T-Shirt do you want for your good self.

Can I ask how you are matching the fonts so well, are you just incredibly familiar with typography or do you artistic peeps have a secret method at your disposal.

As for suggestions, Frank Black is a constant that is mentioned to us, I know the issues of copyright are a problem here, maybe, as discussed in the past, it could simply be an image of Lance with no mention of Frank, this is your line of expertise not mine, is there a way round it at all?

But yes, definitely the Thirteen Years Later Tee is a great idea, would love something Lara but God knows what you could do, maybe the image she scrawls on the mirror in The Time Is Now, or something paying homage to the Ramones tee she wore, I will think that over.

Eth

Guest thadarkside

BAZ,

I have to say you are doing a FANTASTIC job with these shirts. You are going to make me go broke buying these. Love teh Mikado and Selfosophy shirts. When will these be available?

Cheers Eth.

If I had to choose, a distressed Vansen West on maroon, 2XL would be much appreciated.

As for fonts, its a mixture of a huge collection and having developed an eye for it over the years I suppose. There are a number of free fonts sites which I visit on a monthly basis, some I create specifically for a job, or alter a pre-existing one.

The Frank Black question... I must admit I've been going through ideas on this for a while now. The reality is, anything we do based on names, places, companies or products featured in Millennium technically belongs to the MM copyright holder, but they are so obscure only the hard core fan base would link them to the product, just like Last Exit to Nowhere. We would have to cease and desist if they told us to.

Lance Henriksons likeness obviously belongs to him. If I used screencaptures or photos from the show, that is equal to using that particular trademarked version of the ouraborus. Now the only way around it I can see, is first, to ask Lances' permission to use his likeness on the designs, which of course is a huge request, and would quite rightly require him to sign off on any design before it was made public. This can be a time consuming and for Lance incredibly inconvienient process depending on his schedule.

Second, is to do a comic book version of Frank, whether photo realistic like the recap page or cartoony, instead. Again it would be polite to ask Lance if he would be okay with this. Usually I'm not a big fan of 'character' tshirts like you see from comics or films, so I have a few idaes how I would make it recognisable as Frank without being too literal.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Oh, and Lara is already in my batch three group.

Hi Baz,

I understand, I pretty much said the same thing to those that requested it, I'm happy that we stay away from something so blatantly linked to the franchise and continue on this subtle route. I will get the tee sorted for you as soon as I find a way of obtaining a freebie, a one off mind :) I Look forward to what ever Lara image you have in store, the mind is boggling at the moment ;)

Eth

Right guys,

Just to let you know, Baz's stunning second set of designs are now available for purchase. To read all about it, and visit the store of course, head on over here! Again, my profound thanks to Barry for working so hard on this for us and to all of you who have made a purchase, what little profit this venture makes will be ploughed right back into what really matters, continuing to give a presence to we Millennium fans who will settle for nothing less than a return of Frank Black.

Keep up the good work and fight the good fight!

Eth