music in the curse of frank black

Rate this topic

Guest benny

Guest benny

Hello all I dont really know if this has ever been brought up but the scene where frank is looking in the bible when he's putting it all together and realizes it a passage from acts there is a familliar peice of music and I cant be sure but it seems very similar to the x-files episode bad blood. Am I correct or does it just sound similar? have a good day

benny

Guest ZeusFaber

Mark Snow riffed on Handel's Sarabande in both "The Curse of Frank Black" and "Bad Blood." The two cues aren't identical, and neither one of them is a direct sampling of the Handle piece, but from listening you can clearly tell that Snow was heavily influenced by it in scoring those episodes.

Guest benny

thanks zeus i thought it was pretty close. I also thought it might have been that the two episodes were produced in the same season, but this episode's score was fantastic but hey wernt they all

• 5 months later...
Guest chagrin

Searching for the song in "Curse..." the be bop oldies type song about the demon singing, while Frank was in the jeep driving...anyone let me know the name please? Thanks!

Guest chagrin

Hi Chagrin!

The tune is 'Little Demon' by Screamin' Jay Hawkins and you can read about it here. For all your Millennium music queries check out the most complete list of information at M-TIWWA.

Happy Halloween :p

Eth

Thank you, actually I had just discovered that page on the site, lol! I posted too soon, gave up to quick, heh.

Every Halloween I watch that episode...ah hell, I watch it several times a month; still the best show ever written

thanks!