Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Elders (Admins)

OMG I've completely hijacked the thread. How do I moderate myself?

ETH: Please refrain from off-topic discussion or use the appropriate forum in future.

ETH: Sorry, I won't do it again. You are rather handsome do you know that?

ETH: Why thank you. Do carry on.

:signlol:

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

On the subject of remaking movies. I think John Carpenter did the ultimate remake in 1982 when he remade "The Thing". That movie has such a paranoid, creepy feel to it from start to finish. I saw it at the drive-in originally when it came out (showing my age....I know)....As always in a John Carpenter movie, the background score throughout the movie makes it that much scarier. John Carpenter is a true movie genius IMHO. Anyone else enjoy The Thing?

"Have I run too far to get home?"

BEER----> Yup, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. The VHS I had - broke - and thank God for DVD's. I still watch it when it comes on the tube, even though I've got the uncut version sitting in the library.

Wonder why there was never a 'The Thing II', not a remake but either a prequel or follow up. Everybody else is doing them.

BELCH

Oh yeah I'm a big fan of Carpenter's The Thing. That and Alien were my favorite movies back 20 some years ago. I think I wore out both VHS tapes.I haven't seen Howard Hawks' The Thing from Outer Space in years either. It's very good for a 50's scifi movie.

The original Thing IS excellent (the 50s really did churn out some classic sci-fi). As for Carpenter's score, agreed, except with the wondrously campy Big Trouble In Little China. The score is fine (and the movie is genius, a six-demon bag!), but I can't help but cringe at that overly artificial, too bright mid-80s synth sound that seemingly every entertainment medium was using. Even The Thing's score felt organic, and that was only four years earlier.

Guest Laurent.

beerbelch will be glad to hear that they are doing a prequel to The Thing!

model217 might also like to know that Ridley Scott is developing a prequel to Alien!

While we are talking horror/sci-fi movie: Robert Rodriguez is producing a sequel to Predator titled Predators. It's supposed to be to Predator what Aliens was for Alien: a bunch of "extreme" characters end up on a planet home to the Predators and a lot of action follows.

beerbelch will be glad to hear that they are doing a prequel to The Thing!

model217 might also like to know that Ridley Scott is developing a prequel to Alien!

While we are talking horror/sci-fi movie: Robert Rodriguez is producing a sequel to Predator titled Predators. It's supposed to be to Predator what Aliens was for Alien: a bunch of "extreme" characters end up on a planet home to the Predators and a lot of action follows.

Laurent you made my day today when I read this. I am also a huge The Thing fan and I knew about Predators which is also fantastic. The Thing prequel news has me giddy

• Like 1

The original Thing IS excellent (the 50s really did churn out some classic sci-fi). As for Carpenter's score, agreed, except with the wondrously campy Big Trouble In Little China. The score is fine (and the movie is genius, a six-demon bag!), but I can't help but cringe at that overly artificial, too bright mid-80s synth sound that seemingly every entertainment medium was using. Even The Thing's score felt organic, and that was only four years earlier.

Completely agree about the score on Big Trouble. A great movie but the song during the closing credits is atrocious!!!!! I actually watched the credits all the way to the end one day just to see who the composer of the song "Big Trouble in Little China" was. Some group called "The Coup De'Villes".....truly terrible song..lol, great movie though....

"Have I run too far to get home?"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines