Introducing the Millennium Group Homepage - a central hub for the modern Millennium fan

Rate this topic

TIWWA

Oh how right you are Graham,

When Lance went on Fangoria Radio Baz very kindly offered to record his interview, despite have to stay up till the wee hours, so that I could make a transcript of it. I recall Baz hitting the same snag, managing to fathom the solution then trying to explain this to yours truly, brave man indeed, on the shoutbox. I don't think I ever got it sorted. I recall enabling the stereo mix but still not being able to record anything using audacity. On XP (oh how I miss you) I used to make the odd recording without any fuss at all, Vista really throws spanners in the works for people who are none to technically competent. There are a number of things I miss; being able to search through all the images I have on my PC when I want to find that lost piece of art I know I have stored somewhere, being able to access 'run' through the start menu, the list could be quite expansive.

Great explanation of the solution, I might try and record something later just to see if I can get it right this time.

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Mark, I had no sound either which was really frustrating until I realised what was happening. I have the Stereo Mix option in XP, but its a pain to switch back and forth.

I found I had to select Speakers as the Playback device in Audacity before it would let me play the recorded sounds back.

I just finished them, going to upload them to the site now.

There are a number of things I miss; being able to search through all the images I have on my PC when I want to find that lost piece of art I know I have stored somewhere,

The search facility is supposed to be really good, especially if you tag your images etc. I noticed Service Pack 2 features a new version of the Search, v4. Not sure what the difference is. I know PC Format recommended that people switch to Google Desktop Search as its much faster and doesn't churn the hard disk away in the background all the time. I haven't bothered with it to be honest and don't use search too often. Turning off the Index or adjusting what it indexes can make a difference.

... being able to access 'run' through the start menu, the list could be quite expansive.

On Vista, the run option was integrated into the search box so when you click on the Start Orb you can type in a program name like cmd and it runs it for you, or a search term.

• Elders (Admins)

Thomas, I've implemented your suggestion and its working great. Although nothings been written into a database, security should still be a concern, so the page will clean the urls for any bad code.

I've kept it to 3 bookmarked sites for the moment as the settings panel was getting a bit too long.

You can edit your 3 favourite sites separately as often as you like, and the page will keep them for 1 year.

I'll upload the revised page in the next 5 minutes.

Regards,

Graham

(Thomas's feedback topic has been merged into this one)

Edited by The Old Man
(Thomas's feedback topic has been merged into this one)

Works great for me, a very easy task to set up as well and a very nice addition to the homepage. Overall a fantastic project that just keeps getting better and better!

Eth

bookmarks.jpg

Guest Thomas
Are the new bookmarks working okay for you guys? I've updated the settings panel slightly this morning.

Don't forget you have to set each option separately!

Works fine. Thank you.

Now if some others will share their special urls I'd love to see them.