Introducing the Millennium Group Homepage - a central hub for the modern Millennium fan

Rate this topic

TIWWA

I'm currently a card carrying member of the Owl faction, actually such a shame we were never shown a Rooster Ouro, maybe some of our artistic types could come up with something? The Owls always seemed far more shadowy than the Roosters to me, meeting in the shadows, tempting the undecided candidates and so on, visiting the homepage with an Owl logo gives me an *evil cackle* kick. File this answer under "...you know you've been watching to much Millennium when..."

Eth

PS How amazing would it be, and no doubt hard work to set up, to have the homepage play one of the voice activated pass phrases when you visit. "Open the podbay door please Hal", I would swoon lol

Glad you brought this up Old Man. I set the page for Owls,but it resets back to the Ouroborus when the page reloads. My name stays the same and doesn't need to be reset.

By the way a Rooster Ouro would be sweet if anyone can design one. I'm definitely a Rooster ya know.

Aha! I figured it out, it's the firewall. If I disable it and then set it for Owls it stays that way.

Edited by model217

• Elders (Admins)
I'm currently a card carrying member of the Owl faction, actually such a shame we were never shown a Rooster Ouro, maybe some of our artistic types could come up with something? The Owls always seemed far more shadowy than the Roosters to me, meeting in the shadows, tempting the undecided candidates and so on, visiting the homepage with an Owl logo gives me an *evil cackle* kick. File this answer under "...you know you've been watching to much Millennium when..."

Eth

PS How amazing would it be, and no doubt hard work to set up, to have the homepage play one of the voice activated pass phrases when you visit. "Open the podbay door please Hal", I would swoon lol

LOL! That was a great topic!

Actually Eth, I kind of like the Owl version myself, its nice for a change. You see the Millennium Ouroborus everywhere but seldom see the Owl version, plus I have a thing for owls! No idea what type of Owl it could be though. I'm not sure now I think about it, but is the Rooster version the standard Ouroborus?

The Millennium Group vocal recognition phrases could indeed be added. I was aware the drum may be a popular request, but no reason why you can't have a preference including Frank, Peter and Lara's phrases. I think the Old Man had one too didn't he? Any others?

Glad you brought this up Old Man. I set the page for Owls,but it resets back to the Ouroborus when the page reloads. My name stays the same and doesn't need to be reset.

By the way a Rooster Ouro would be sweet if anyone can design one. I'm definitely a Rooster ya know.

Aha! I figured it out, it's the firewall. If I disable it and then set it for Owls it stays that way.

That is strange model217, I have run repeated tests with my homepage in IE and Firefox on Windows Vista (with software firewall always on and the hardware firewall always on in my ADSL Router) and haven't had any issues. There are currently up to 3 cookies set (user, userdate and userfaction) for the personalisation and they appear to be configured correctly from what I can see, so I honestly don't know why your firewall is blocking them. Got any details on what your system is (firewall, browser and version and operating system)? Perhaps you can add the url of the site to your firewall's white-list and tell it not to block them from that site?

• Elders (Admins)

I have increased the length of time until the cookies that hold your name and style of Ouroborus expire to 1 year. The countdown date cookie is now set to expire after 5 years.

The next time you store your name, date or choice of Ouroborus, they will be stored using the long lasting cookies (yum!).

Graham,

We had a discussion on pass phrases at B2FB recently, they are still around, as a link, to download in the TIWWA Downloads Forum somewhere. For reason's that escape me I cannot recall The Old Man's phrase. Peter used it to access the Millennium Intranet didn't he, wasn't it "The Time is Near"?

Anyone confirm or deny?

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Yes I just searched the transcripts and found out it was heard in The Time Is Now:

[Watts's study. Watts inserts a cassette into a walkman. He presses play. On his computer screen, a window is displayed: VA 1624A – PLEASE INITIATE VOICE AUTHENTICATION]

OLD MAN: (V.O) (recording) The time is near.

[A matching voice pattern appears in the voice ident window. A second later the text 98.96 % MATCH appears and a window appears declaring ACCESS GRANTED CONNECTING The ouroboros startup screen appears, reading 'Welcome Old Man, there are 595 days remaining.' A Millennium Intranet window appears with many options available. Watts uses his mouse to select "Group Files" and opens the Search option and types in the words: MARBURG VIRUS and PRIONS in the search field. Clicks Search.]

(Actually, I think a search transcript box may be handy on the episode profiles screen of the guide, I'll add that now. Funny how ideas come to mind.)

I have the sound files from years ago, but I was thinking of re-recording them.

Well stone the crows I was on the ball for once!

Graham, if you do find time to create new sound files of the pass phrases could I trouble you for a copy of them. I used to have Lara's pass phrase as a message alert on my Renoir, back in the old days, but that hit a snag when I loaded said phone into the washing machine for a few spins on a hot cycle (you couldn't make it up could you!)

I was thinking about adding them again but the quality of the original files I have is none too great. I would love to have Ms. Means back on my phone, I am a little sick of "turkey in a straw, hee hee haw", which seemed like a good ring tone at the time.

:wiggle: Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Okay Eth no problem. I'll add them to the download page. The thing is choosing the clearest ones, I'll have to search the transcripts and list all the times they were used, then compare them.

Possibly an idea for a new topic, but I currently have the gold Ouroborus as my phone's wallpaper and Screamin' Jay Hawkins's Little Demon for my ring tone, which has an effect when someone calls me in work!