Things you never knew about Millennium!

Hi guys,

I soak up Millennium info like a sponge, all these years later I keep finding things out that I never knew. Though it would be nice for us to compile of list of things we have uncovered over the years that made us go "...really, never knew that!"

1) I never knew...that as well as 'Dirty Snowball', the written and commissioned Season Two episode that never was, a second missing episode exists written by Robert Moresco. Oh to have these in front of me.

2) I never knew...that Frank Black was supposed to make a cameo in the first X-Files film. Apparently conflicting schedules prevented Lance from appearing and Terry O'Quinn was drafted in as his replacement albeit not playing Peter Watts.

3) I never knew...that Glen Morgan had planned to write, maybe even did, a Millennium episode featuring the Peacocks from 'Home'. He went as far as believing he had a good chance of making it happen before Fox put paid to his plans. Would have loved to have seen that.

I shan't go on and on, I'll let you guys jump in with a few too. Any more bits of trivia people have picked up along the way?

Eth

PS I am constantly hearing about scenes that were cut because they were too gory, disturbing or controversial in nature. I do hope, one day, we get a decent DVD package with extras galore. Would be nice to see Millennium be given a gorgeous new boxed set, new artwork, detailed booklet, loads of extras, the spoofs etc. etc. I can feel another campaign coming on :)

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Stone me, I heard about the missing episode but never knew its name. Great trivia Mark!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Would be nice to see Millennium be given a gorgeous new boxed set, new artwork, detailed booklet, loads of extras, the spoofs etc. etc. I can feel another campaign coming on :)

Wow, what an awesome idea. :notworthy:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I am constantly hearing about scenes that were cut because they were too gory, disturbing or controversial in nature. I do hope, one day, we get a decent DVD package with extras galore. Would be nice to see Millennium be given a gorgeous new boxed set, new artwork, detailed booklet, loads of extras, the spoofs etc. etc. I can feel another campaign coming on :)

I wonder if there is any chance of any of these scenes still being around. Oh to be the janitor cleaning up the cutting room floor.

I know, I do hope these were hung on to. I do recall Frank Spotnitz discussing missing scenes from X-Files: I Want To Believe and commenting that there was only one scene in the vaults that fans of the movie hadn't seen and that that was additional footage of Mulder rummaging through a locker. The fact that there is a vault makes me hopeful. One of the scenes, in particular, that I would like to see is Malcolm Stewart's death scene from Owls which went much further than was allowed to pass the censors, scenes were shot of him actually being forced to drink gasoline which went on much longer than that which we actually saw. There were additional scenes in Owls that appeared in the shooting script, I believe, but not the finished product so I am guessing there are quite a few of those over the course of the three seasons. The X-Files has had a number of tasty releases, it would be lovely to see something done for Millennium in this respect.

Eth

josew.gif

• Elders (Admins)

Agreed Joe that would have been interesting!

On the subject of the Owls episode, I've often recalled seeing a much more lengthy and disturbing version of that scene where the guy was forced to drink gasoline. When I got to see the episode on DVD, it was much shorter. I thought I was imagining it. I wonder if Sky or Sci-Fi had once shown the uncut version and we have a version on the DVD box set? That begs the question about the nature of the other episodes. What a can of worms.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Here's my thing,

From what I've heard, that particular scene went on considerably longer than what we actually saw. Malcolm Stewart, Johnston from Owls, told me it was cut before broadcast but I guess there is some chance an extended version made it to screen at some point if people recall seeing it. Maybe it was aired in the UK Graham where censorship isn't as tight? The thing is, if they were cutting scenes from season two, imagine what is missing from season one, I wonder how much further that went than we were allowed to see?

Eth

josew.gif

Guest betweenthelines

What was 'Dirty Snowball' supposed to be about?

Also, I would've loved to see the Peacocks make an appearance on MM. Oh well . . . I'm content with the Jose Chung episode :).

Hi guys,

All being well, we are getting a copy of "Dirty Snowball", Michael said he was going to look through the vaults to see if he still had one, fingers crossed. He said it was about a cult similar to 'Heaven's Gate' who a member of the Millennium Group infiltrates, Roedecker we believe. During the course of investigating the danger they pose he inadvertently fell in love with a member of the cult, which has, for me, massive shades of 'The Field Where I Died'. It was apparently turned down because Glen Morgan thought those ideas had been explored, although the script was agreed and commissioned and originally part of the season. Not all bad mind, considering Michael went away and wrote 'Mikado' instead. I know absolutely nothing at all about the second missing episode by Moresco but hopefully we can turn something up.

Apparently, 'A Single Blade of Grass' was originally intended to be something very different from what you saw but Fox were trying to steer the ship in a direction other than that which Kay Reindl and Erin Mayer wanted to take it, Glen Morgan apparently lamented, in hindsight, that he didn't put up more of a fight as they were unhappy with the end result and the original vision was much stronger.

I know Kousakis recently said he would like to give Millennium a definitive book treatment, the guide to end all guides, and things like this would make for fantastic reading methinks.

Eth

Oh and here's another for you, I never knew.....That Baldwin and Hollis were originally intended to have been ex lovers. Now that would have been interesting.

josew.gif