Twilight Saga

Who has seen the movie Twilight? New Moon is out in November. Has anyone else read the 4 books? I am such a big fan and so very excited about seeing the second movie.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has seen the movie Twilight? New Moon is out in November. Has anyone else read the 4 books? I am such a big fan and so very excited about seeing the second movie.

My wife has become a big fan of the books and movie. Her and her girlfriends have had a couple of "Twilight" parties over the last couple of months. I tried reading the first book and was bored to tears. I like a good vampire/werewolf book as well as the next sci-fi fan, but for some reason, I can't get into this series. Same with the movie. No spoilers here, just wasn't that impressed. Several of the guys I know seem to think the same thing so it may be shaping up into a chick-book/flick type series. No offense intended ladies of the board. My wife has mentally punched me several times for making snide remarks about the series. Fifteen years and I still haven't learned to keep my mouth shut :notworthy:

Edited by Gunslinger

"Have I run too far to get home?"

yeah, my students were reading this last year, so I read the first book... let's see, lonely girl moves, meets hot guy, turns out a dangerous guy, and of course fights with other girls and goes shopping...... yeah.. even though a lot of the boys read it.. it's mostly a chick book

I didn't bother with the movie, but boy did I hear all about the web postings as it was being casted and filmed...ha

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

Guest betweenthelines

The movie was okay. I found the villains to be more interesting than the heroes. Never read the books as I'm not interested in young adult fiction.

• 1 year later...

The third movie, "Eclipse," is the best of the bunch so far. Wasn't impressed with the 2nd, "New Moon," slow and not much in it, but even my sons enjoyed watching "Eclipse." It had more action, wolves vs vampires, and even some humor. I like Twilight because it doesn't have all the blood and guts pouring out. Some people like all the gore, and that's okay; I prefer something intense instead, and then add people and relationships.

To any Twilight fans out there, you will love "Eclipse." See it no matter what other people may say. You won't be sorry.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

read all the books and seen all the movies so far and I love Eclipse! Love the wolves. so far my fav our 1 and 3. :) and as my Ma says Jacob or Edward can eat crackers in my bed anytime! :whistling:

Laura :)

I'm so glad you agree Spook, Eclipse really is the best one so far. I so look forward to seeing it again, and again, and again. The wolves really were awesome.

I have a weekness for Carlisle, besides being handsome, he's so peaceful and calm all the time. And then there's Emmett, I believe he would be an absolute blast, but only if you're accepted by the family that is. Edward is hot but he's too skinny for me, and Jacob is a fox but he's too young and immature.

The Volturi are too creepy, they need to stay far far far awaym, especially Jane played by Dakota Fanning. She's doing a fantastic job selling her character.

Your Ma has got it right, except I would want cheese and wine with my crackers.:whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)