Fox's "Virtuality"

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/first-look-fox-virtuality-video.html

June 16, 2009

First look: Fox's 'Virtuality' (video)

Fox has released a 12-minute trailer of Ron Moore's first on-air project since completing "Battlestar Galactica."

"Virtuality" is about a dozen astronauts on a journey crucial to the survival of life on Earth. The crew can access a virtual world to keep them entertained during their decade-long journey. When a problem with the virtual system arises, things get tense.

The project was originally conceived as a series and has been considered all but dead (thus Fox airing its two-hour pilot on a Friday in the summer -- June 26). But there's always a chance that an unexpectedly huge turnout could reverse the show's fate.

You can watch the trailer on that web site. I gave up about two-thirds of the way through.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it may be too deep for the general audience. It will be interesting to read the reviews, especially since their promotional video is somewhat boring. I plan on watching it, so, we'll see. Thanks for the heads up Libby.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I agree about the trailer,didn't impress me all that much. Still it is the only thing on this Friday so I'll be watching. From what I have read it seems that the ending is left quite open for more that was to come.In other words it is a good TV pilot but not a movie.

I watched it last night and I felt short-changed. It has so much potential, yet it dragged until near the end when something finally happened, and yes, it was a surprise, but also a disappointment. I'm thinking they are wanting it to be character driven, but just like Beerbelch, "It didn't work for me." I will watch whatever follows and give it another chance in the hopes that it picks up and becomes a little more entertaining.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)