MLM Ouroburos Vista gadget

Rate this topic

Guest Matthew

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Eth, much appreciated. Yes it does cover those answers, perhaps I need to do a better FAQ.

Matt, sounds like your personal folder is called User and not your name.

I'm going to revisit the Gadgets and see if I can use cookies to set your name like the Millennium Group Home Page. That was my first outing with cookies.

I could do it with a settings file but that would be learning from scratch on how to do it.

Earthnut, yes Vista's gadgets will work on WindowsXP using a program you can install, its covered in the topic Eth pointed to.

Thanks,

Graham

PS. Gonna move this topic to Downloads forum, for the benefit of others who might otherwise miss it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest frankblack13

how do I download that countdown widget for vista I tried it before and I could never get it to work :dry:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Heather,

Its really easy if you use Vista or Windows 7.

1. Choose your gadget from our Downloads Manager.
  2. Click on the Download button which looks like this: download.png
  3. Agree to the disclaimer and click on the Download button again.
  4. You'll see a pop up window appear in your browser, something like this one (I use the Firefox browser): post-1-124947124261_thumb.jpg
  5. Tell your browser to open the file with Windows Sidebar as shown in the image, and then click OK.
  6. Ignore the security warning, and click on Install as shown in this image: post-1-124947138271_thumb.jpg
  7. The gadget will be added to your Windows Sidebar gadgets.

If your gadget is not visible, make sure your Windows Sidebar is open and if the gadget is not already visible, click on the + button at the very top to show the list of available gadgets, your Millennium Countdown gadgets will be available in this list and you can double click them to add them to the Sidebar. If you are using Windows 7, there is no sidebar any more, gadgets just float on your desktop.

Guest frankblack13

Hi Heather,

Its really easy if you use Vista or Windows 7.

1. Choose your gadget from our Downloads Manager.
  2. Click on the Download button which looks like this: download.png
  3. Agree to the disclaimer and click on the Download button again.
  4. You'll see a pop up window appear in your browser, something like this one (I use the Firefox browser): post-1-124947124261_thumb.jpg
  5. Tell your browser to open the file with Windows Sidebar as shown in the image, and then click OK.
  6. Ignore the security warning, and click on Install as shown in this image: post-1-124947138271_thumb.jpg
  7. The gadget will be added to your Windows Sidebar gadgets.

If your gadget is not visible, make sure your Windows Sidebar is open and if the gadget is not already visible, click on the + button at the very top to show the list of available gadgets, your Millennium Countdown gadgets will be available in this list and you can double click them to add them to the Sidebar. If you are using Windows 7, there is no sidebar any more, gadgets just float on your desktop.

I've tried all of that but when I click install, nothing happens I don't know if it's a security thing or what

Guest frankblack13

now I have my windows sidebar running and still nothing is happening do u have any kind of im system so u can help me download this one step at a time

• Elders (Admins)

That's okay, its not an error message as such, its step 6 in the list above. Just click on Install and the gadget will be added to your Sidebar Gallery.

If you need direct help, download and install Crossloop (its free, no need to register it when you have installed it), and PM me when you see me online and I'll try and sort it out for you remotely. :closedeyes: