New Michael R Perry Interview

Rate this topic

BTFBPerry.jpg

After many months of trying I finally tracked down the elusive Michael R Perry who agreed to speak to us about his time on Millennium and the forty five episodes he worked on. The writer of Omerta, Thirteen Years Later and Mikado, amongst others, gave us what I consider to be the single best written interview we have thus far conducted.

He spoke candidly about the experience of working with Chris Carter and Mark Snow, why Millennium was the unique experience he found it be, why Kiss ended up in a Millennium episode and much, much more. If you want to know how an episode like 'Thirteen Years Later' ever came to be, then this is the interview for you.

I know that Michael checks our Blog regularly and will no doubt do so today. Please, please leave him your thoughts at our Blog. He really came to our assistance and is still plundering the archives to see if he can bring un-produced episodes of Millennium to our attention. Let the man know that we care that he cares. This is who we are, surely?

Warm wishes,

Eth

Ever wondered why commenting on our Blog posts is important? Well here's a little impetus to do so. Michael has indeed viewed the responses to our interview and allow me to share his email to me with you, I wouldn't normally do it but it's wonderful how happy you have made him folks.

WOW, I looked at the comments and am speechless ... they are so kind! A TV writer rarely gets much feedback one way or the other about any particular episode, and so it's particularly gratifying to read some of the comments that people have posted: this really made my day -- my week! Thank you & thanks to all your readers who posted comments, I am blown away.

Forty five episodes of Millennium later and he is touched by those that take the time to comment on why his episodes are so cherished and his work on Millennium is respected to this day. You do not have to register to leave a comment at our Blog, leave your thoughts and comments and rest assured that those that matter are reading them.

I know you will 'cos this is who we are. Right?

Eth

PS Michael's interview has garnered the greatest number of responses we have had since this campaign began. He beats Averie Maddox as 'the most commented upon' Blog post so far. Good stuff people :)

• Elders (Admins)

This is a fantastic interview folks, head over if you haven't already!

If I may speak candidly for a moment...

BacktoFrankBlack.com are doing a truly splendid, wonderful and honourable job to see Lance Henriksen return as Frank Black, but its still very important for us all as visitors to the site to remember to support the campaign behind the website, which means B2FB is more than just another Millennium website with great interviews to savour and podcasts to enjoy.

The ex-cast and ex-crew are making time to support the campaign for a reason far beyond simple nostalgia and publicity for themselves. The site of course, has a specific purpose, and that is to see Millennium return as a quality, marketable product that we can all be proud of. This means of course raising awareness, particularly of the need to promote the campaign and ultimately to get the message across that Millennium has a strong and intelligent audience (both existing and potentially new), and that at the end of the day, we're willing to reach into our pockets and pay money to the studios for a quality cinema product and DVD's that will ultimately make them money. Ten Thirteen and the fans will certainly take care of the rest.

So aside from sending your letters to Fox which is the best way, help to get the word out in any civil and respectful way that you can, from helping the campaign gather funds from the sale of t-shirts with the aim of funding trade magazine and newspaper adverts, to adding a banner to your website or forum signatures that may influence just one more person to say to Fox, "Hey, I loved Frank Black, and I'll buy a Millennium cinema ticket and DVD or Blu-Ray".

Guest thadarkside

Graham,

I couldn't have said it better. As always, thank you so much for the support. It is absolutely true, we can get guests, post interviews, record podcasts, but all that doesn't matter unless we have the support of the Millennium fans behind the campaign. Everyone we have spoken to not only has given us their time to talk about Millennium, but they do REALLY want to see Millennium return as a movie. We are definitely making some waves in the entertainment segment. Soon we will post an interview with Lance, but he is just as committed to this campaign as we are. So, let's get out there, write a letter to FOX, buy the dvds, post on the forums, leave comments on the blog, tell your friends. Whatever you can do to spread the word. We truly appreciate all of you for your support!