Franks Jeep

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Thank you to the Old Man for posting all those great shots of the jeep. One thing I noticed right off is that there are at least 2 vehicles being used. Interesting. I am thinking I should rewatch the series with an eye only for the jeeps to see what else I can notice.

Your most welcome Sigil! I have posted some links about the Jeep in the Links section which you may find interesting too.

As to the color red, while highly visible in the day time many shades of red become opaque at nite [especially out in rural areas]. For this reason many rural fire departments now have white or lime green fire vehicles or their red ones have a lot of florescent detailing.

Well I learn something new everyday Walkabout. I had never heard why they changed so many of their trucks here green. Now I know.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RodimusBen

My mother has a red Jeep Cherokee from about the same time frame. She freaked out a little when I showed her Millennium and she saw that her Jeep was Frank's!

I too wondered about the bright color of the Jeep for a while, and then I saw it next to the yellow house and suddenly it made a little more sense. It is very much like the yellow house in that I believe it is symbolic. One of my favorite shots from the pilot is the scene when Frank meets Peter in the pilot, and his red Jeep shines brightly in the foreground with Peter's blue car in the background. It's just cool color composition.

Speaking of which, I can't remember at all whether Peter's car remained consistent over the series. Anyone?

• 7 months later...
Guest soylentgreenspeople

All i know is i'm trying to get a red jeep cherokee sport! :D anyone know how much they are worth?

Guest WaveCrest

It may not have any significance, but when watching Millennium I've always thought Frank's red Cherokee car/jeep was an iconic image, like the Yellow House.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

My daughters boyfriend has a red jeep cheeroke, lol i always think of Frank Black when i see it. I will have to take a pic next time he is over. lol :)

Laura :)

Speaking of which, I can't remember at all whether Peter's car remained consistent over the series. Anyone?

Does anyone even know what he drove? I have absolutely no idea what make or model it was? Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Well I started watching the episode "Walkabout" last night, and at the start of one scene, outside the Yellow House, a dark blue car could be seen parked over the road from the house. After this, Peter Watts was on the doorstep of the Yellow House, speaking to Catherine.