Plan B

Rate this topic

Thanks for the additional info Laurent. As I recall, she wasn't in 'Regenesis' for a great many episodes so I didn't have time to judge how effective an actress she is but Darlene is right, she really does have a 'look' of Megan on screen, especially around the mouth.

You know we may well laugh at the thought of Pammy/Lindsay occupying the above roles, and laugh we rightly do, but Gillian and Klea both quoted one or both of them as the physical characteristics the studio had in mind for their respective characters (hard to believe isn't it?) Oddly enough Kate Mulgrew also noted that the studios were after a Lindsay Wagner type for Janeway (originally auditioning British actress Patsy Kensit with that in mind) and a number of other female leads in various franchises echoed the same sentiment. Lindsay Wagner must have been the default female protagonist mold before the likes of Gillian Anderson and let's face it, casting Gillian as Dana changed forever the way women were cast and used as television heroines. Am I right, I think so :)

Eth

Guest Black's Babe

I recall reading that the "idiot suits" didn't want GA for the role of Dana Scully.

Even tried to permanently replace her, when Gillian became pregnant with Piper Maru.

Her 1997 Emmy win for "Lead Actress" was the ultimate FU to tptb.

Edited by Black's Babe