BTFB Exclusive Interview - Chip Johannessen Now Live

Rate this topic

One of my favorite episodes that Chip wrote is Force Majeure, and I especially love the music, which by the way is still unavailable. Besides the common belief of an apocalyptic disaster on May 5th, 2000, I would like to know if there was anything he would have to add about this episode, especially if something that he wrote was left out in production.

I was also thinking about my article on butterflies from the episodes "Innocents" and "Exegesis," (he wrote this one), and maybe one of the questions, or my answers, in the article would be good to ask him. Was he aware of the depth of the significance of the butterflies, or did the episode simply enfold the way it did with common knowledge of butterflies. Not asking for me or the article to be mentioned, it just posed some questions and hopefully answered some.

Oh my, then we come to "Skull and Bones," "Borrowed Time," "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury," and "Goodbye To All That," just in season 3 alone. Where do we begin?

• Like 1

Guest ZeusFaber

I'd love to hear any insights into the title "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury," although I know what it's like trying to remember such details from way back. Also, anything Chip might care to reveal about the significance of the eyes and their strange P.O.V. in the same episode.

Guest Jim McLean

One of my favorite episodes that Chip wrote is Force Majeure, and I especially love the music, which by the way is still unavailable. Besides the common belief of an apocalyptic disaster on May 5th, 2000, I would like to know if there was anything he would have to add about this episode, especially if something that he wrote was left out in production.

Same here. I'd love some clarification as to why the girls killed themselves - and how much the Man in the Iron Lung had planned.

You're all stars!

Many thanks guys, I've actually got more than I comfortable use which is a privileged position to be in. Usuall I've got four or five good questions and a scary black page in place of anything else so this is nice. I will get these questions off to Mr. Johannssen today and your help has been appreciated.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest Laurent.

As executive producer for the last season of the show, I'd like to know if he had envisioned particular plans, plots or thematic for a fourth season.

We know he did, to an extent, because of s3 bonus features; but all we got was that the direction could have been "more political" or something.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity Eth!

P.S. Did he ever attempt to write another X-Files episode after Orison?

• 3 weeks later...

It's still on in so far as he has the questions and we are waiting to hear from him. He is busy on a show at the moment so he advised it could take a few weeks or more for us to receive them from him.

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Like Laurent, I'd love to know what Chip and Ken Horton had planned for Season 4 and was Peter Watts dead, if it was his body, who killed him Millennium Group assassins/Mabius?!

Would he have tried to incorporate some of the mythology that M&W's season 2 had introduced? Would he have included another Lucy Butler story?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Friends,

Just a little update for all those good people ↑ who contributed questions and suggestion to my interview with Chip Johannessen. I have received an email from him today and he was half way through these when work demanded his attention once again and he is returning to them today so we should have them very shortly indeed.

Thanks for your patience and expect these in the next week or so.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Like 1