BTFB Exclusive Interview - Chip Johannessen Now Live

Rate this topic

Thanks Graham,

I'm actually rather excited by what he's working on at the moment. I can't find anything out about it save to say he is working with a couple of X-Files/Millennium Alumni and I get the feeling it's a new project rather than writing for an existing series. With that and news that Kay Reindl is trying to sell a pilot as we speak the future is looking good. Let's hope they are joining Frank Spotnitz and penning genre shows, that would be the icing on the cake.

Eth

• 1 month later...

Dear Friends,

Once again my kind thanks to all those who offered help and assistance when it came to compiling questions for Mr. Johannessen. You can now see the results of this interview here. When I asked Michael R Perry who was the one person who proved to be the most memorable for him beyond the experience of Millennium he cited Chip Johannessen as that person and after only having the opportunity to share a few emails with him I can see why. He is warm, approachable and very proud of Millennium but more importantly he was very giving with regards his time despite being up to his his neck in work and his Writer's Guild campaign. As always, I will email Chip and let him know his interview is online so if you would like to share your thoughts on his thoughts or generally leave him a message reagrding his work on Millennium please do so in the comments section of our Blog. Michael Perry was so touched by those he received that he sat his wife down and read them to her over dinner. It really does mean a lot to these guys.

That said - enjoy the read!

Eth

Thank you so much Graham that is really appreciated. If anyone else would like to leave their comments for Chip to read please do so. The more the merrier and thank you for your continued support.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RodimusBen

Great interview, always nice to hear people chime in on the controversial Season 3. I definitely hear what he's saying about how the original intention of the show was to stay much more grounded in reality, with only slight hints at the supernatural (a la PPTD). In retrospect it's amazing that he and others were able to get such an entertaining season out of what had become such an unfocused mythology by that time.