Happy Millennium Day U.k.!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Bloody lucky chaps!

Is everyone having a spot of tea and enjoying Millennium?

Anyone taking the day off and having a marathon? I already have off on the 20th to have my marathon day.

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! :p

Well I saw the Pilot twice on Saturday (with and without the excellent Commentary) plus the Special Features. On Sunday I watched Gehenna. Today has been spent mainly capturing screenshots for the forthcoming review on MDUK and I can tell you so far I've taken 228MB of captures on the menu's alone. Apart from taking time out to speak to Fox UK's Vicky Davies about the packaging glitch, I haven't eaten since last night! I can only dream when I'll get to watch them all back to back! :ouro:

• Elders (Moderators)

Oh, what packaging glitch? I haven't seen a problem so far, but I've only watched the pilot and the extras so far.

I'm doing a quick transcription of "Order in Chaos" and I'll post some extracts of that so those still waiting will have something to talk about while we go round with big beaming smiles. Earlier today my son wandered into my den with his usual "How's things?" so I just held up the Millennium set and grinned at him. He's bright, he got the message, he left.

It's a joyous day today. :grin2:

• Elders (Admins)

Glad you are enjoying the day Libby! I wrote a lot of notes for the extras too.

As a spoiler for other fans, here's a very disturbing image from the dvd menu for Walkabout!

post-23-1089646727_thumb.jpg

• Elders (Moderators)

Gra, (or anybody):

What's with the "Inside Look" segment. I fast-forwarded through that, but it didn't seem to have anything to do with Millennium. It seemed to be something about the special effects in Alien versus Predator, then advertising for season 1 of 24. Very puzzling, unless (as so often happens) I've missed the significance.

Also, on the "Order in Chaos" I noticed the closed-captioning has British English spellings. It seems a bit strange for them to have gone to the trouble and expense in providing a different version of English for each of the regions.

Oh, Gra, if you're still doing screen caps, could you post some of Lance from this segment - you know, just for the Lance-admirers amongst us. Boy, did he look good.

General comments:

Megan Gallagher also looked really good. Obviously, her real life person is more glamorous than on Millennium. There was a brief clip of Britany Tiplady, but it was one recorded while the show was still on the air. That was a pity, because I'd like to see what she looks like now, and also to get her impression of her work on the show from her current perspective.

All in all, I thought this segment was put together very well. Also appearing were Ken Horton, David Nutter, John Kousakis, Robert McLachlan, Chip Johannessen, Thomas Wright, Frank Spotnitz and Chris Carter, plus two people from the Academy Group. I like the technical detail that gets included in these kinds of segments - they certainly give some idea of how much very hard work went into producing these episodes. That's one of the reasons why I tend to watch the extras when I get a DVD. But I also like the snippets from episodes they included - those act as a reminder of the look and feel of the show so I'm in the right frame of mind to sit down and watch the show. The marathon starts tomorrow!

Guest WaveCrest

Well I ended up buying it in the shops today! Pleased I've got it on DVD although the proper joy will be when Season 2 comes out in September, because S1 has already been available in the UK before on video. It will be the first time Season 2 has been available to buy on DVD in the UK......

...They ought to put that on the advertising to generate further sales!

Well pleased with the packaging (the show's good as well :gaba: ) although I thought the cover picture seen before the release today was going to be on the front cover. Instead it's the US cover pic on the outside sleeve cover with the DVD's inside a video-like box inside. I should have realised that it would have a sleeve cover packaging for the DVD's inside. I've seen it enough with many other TV DVD's!

There's a leaflet inside with episode info and advertising for Seasons 2 & 3 along with when they'll be released (this has been covered on TIWWA's news page posted today).

Guest RJ2000

Lucky chaps! Do remember us Damn Yankees over here who still have to wait while watching your box sets.

Drink merry and have a Megadeth day!

Guest WaveCrest

I was going to say "I hate to break some more annoying news to you lot over the pond but....." but it's already had a thread started for it in the folder. Season 3 is coming out in the UK on 25th October.

Bit annoyed though. The price for all 3 seasons in one box will be cheaper than if you buy all of them separately! :angry:

Guest Avatar

Hi I'm new round here (this is my first post). Got my copy of the S1 DVD yesterday and watched he first 2 episodes last night. Just wondering what the packaging error is that's mentioned at the top of this thread. I noticed that the box artwork states that the set includes all 21 season one episodes, but there's a sticker on the outer box saying it has the correct number of episodes (22). Is that the mistake?

Looking forward to getting seasons 2 and 3.