Happy Millennium Day U.k.!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, Avatar :hello-big:

I think you're right - the discrepancy over the number of episodes is probably what Graham was referring to. I was a bit puzzled about this glitch and I hadn't noticed the discrepancy until you mentioned it.

I suspect Graham left out the details as "an exercise for the reader" just to see who was smart enough to spot it. :bigsmile:

• Elders (Admins)

Yes, sorry I forgot to elaborate on that earlier. Yesterday was mental with lost of updates and work on the review. I didnt even eat for 24 hrs! I posted an update mentioning it yesterday at Millennium Desktop UK. I've spoken with Fox about it and they were completely unaware of it but asked me to reassure vistors to the site that the box does in fact contain all 22 episodes. I don't know what it is about Season One, Robert McLachlan's website states it has 23 episodes! A Millennium Bug at the end of the day!

• Elders (Admins)
Gra, (or anybody):

What's with the "Inside Look" segment. I fast-forwarded through that, but it didn't seem to have anything to do with Millennium. It seemed to be something about the special effects in Alien versus Predator, then advertising for season 1 of 24. Very puzzling, unless (as so often happens) I've missed the significance.

Yes its just advertising although I'd have prefered to have none other than Millennium content.

Also, on the "Order in Chaos" I noticed the closed-captioning has British English spellings. It seems a bit strange for them to have gone to the trouble and expense in providing a different version of English for each of the regions.

I've watched and enjoyed this documentary but haven't watched it with subtitles so I was unaware. Fox's Production Manager responsible for the Millennium release has agreed to an interview and if you'd like to know let me know to include it as a question. More on this at a later date.

Oh, Gra, if you're still doing screen caps, could you post some of Lance from this segment - you know, just for the Lance-admirers amongst us. Boy, did he look good.

Yeah, Lance looked so relaxed and professional as he always does! There's be shots, no problem. I didn't want to spoil things for fans by posting too many shots yet until the release is out both here and in the US. Lance is the man!

Guest WaveCrest

I also noticed the episode number error. One sticker has "22 episodes" and the other has "21 episodes".

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

It's not really an error as such. The Pliot episode is not considered to be truly 'in' the first Season - it is simply the pliot and was made apart from the others in a longer space of time and with more money. S1 actually begins with 'Gehenna' properly speaking.

• Elders (Admins)

Sorry, I totally disagree with that. Yes Pilot had a unique production code and yes it was a pilot and later picked up as a series, but there are distinct plotlines carried over from the Pilot to Gehenna such as the polaroids for example. If it were completely standalone, there would be no continued plot lines in Gehenna just completely fresh story material. I respect your opinion of of course and I also enjoyed your review although I don't have time to reply in full yet.

Regards,

Graham.

Guest Second Coming
Bit annoyed though. The price for all 3 seasons in one box will be cheaper than if you buy all of them separately! :angry:

I wonder if the 3 season set has some cool packaging.

Woohoo! :grin2:

My set arrived this morning, and I must say I am mighty impressed with it! I can't wait to start watching! I cannot tell you how darn happy I am that I've finally got Millennium on DVD to own forever. Millennium is, without a doubt, my favourite TV show of all time. Thank you Fox! Roll on Season Two and Season Three releases! :ouro:

Guest WaveCrest

I wonder if the 3 season set has some cool packaging.

It'll be interesting to see. I'm thinking of the 24 season compilation boxsets when thinking about the MM 3 season set. Something that will combine all three seasons together.