Lance Henriksen signs on to 'The Genesis Code'

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

News just in that Lance Henriksen has been added to the cast of 'The Genesis Code.' Whilst I've had a little trouble finding much out about this it would appear to be a dramatisation of the book 'The Genesis Code' by John Case. A cursory glance at the synopsis and this would seem to be very much in the vein of 'The Da Vinci Code' and reading between the lines I couldn't help but think of Anamnesis as well. Could well be very interesting and has to be better than 'The Da Vinci Treasure' that he starred in. Whilst he was great as always the plot was thus: "An anthropologist must unlock the code hidden in the works of Leonardo Da Vinci in order to find the greatest treasure ever, one that could change Christianity forever." It came out after 'The Da Vinci Code' which shouldn't come as surprise to anyone.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

The book (Genesis Code) looks pretty interesting from the blurb and comments on Amazon. I never got into the DaVinci Code.

Wikipedia has this info:

John Case is the pseudonym of Jim and Carolyn Hougan, husband and wife, both published authors in their own right. Jim Hougan is also an award-winning investigative journalist and broadcaster.

Under the pseudonym, the Hougans authored 6 novels:

• The Genesis Code
  • The First Horseman
  • The Syndrome (a.k.a. Trance State)
  • The Eighth Day
  • The Murder Artist
  • Ghost Dancer (a.k.a. The Dance of Death - UK ed.)

• Elders (Admins)

I'm not sure, but wasn't that the couple who hit the headlines when Da Vinci Code was big in the news, I think they were suing Dan Brown for allegedly stealing elements of their book?

Either way, great news for Lance fans!

Hi Chief,

The book you are referring to is "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln. I have owned this book twice, having lost it at some point, and read it many many times and anyone who is a fan of Millennium will love it. It is a factual study, or pseudo-factual study depending on your beliefs, of a secret society, the bloodline of Christ, The Knight's Templars and has to have influenced 'Anamnesis' as there are so many similarities. Well worth a read and if I'm honest, I was really surprised they didn't win their case.

Well worth a read!

Eth

• 1 year later...
Guest WaveCrest

Sometime this week I will get round to watching the trailer for The Genesis Code, which you posted on Facebook Mark. It seems we're getting a flurry of news and trailers for some of Lance's more recent films at the moment. :thumbsup:

I think someone here pointed out that he has done, and is doing, far more projects than the IMDB lists so some of them are certainly taking me by surprise but it really does seem to be a busy time in Lance-land. Just on general impressions he appears to be taking on more and more cameo roles these days, certainly the last few films I have seen him involved in seem to contain small appearances from him and even appearances that him away from the main body of the cast (Cyrus, The Final Push and so on). I know a lot of independent movie makers don't have the type of budget that allows them to cast a name like Lance Henriksen but creating a small part for him is financially doable and allows them to attatch his name to the movie generating more publicity and interest in it.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Interesting point. When I think about the last five new Lance-movies I have seen recently it looks like that:

Lost Island / Primal / The Lost Tribe: supporting role (close to a cameo)

The Seamstress: supporting role

Alone in the Dark 2: (cool) supporting role

Appaloosa: supporting role

Marker / Deathly Weapon (jap, I know that that isn't correct but that's the title) / Pistol Whipped: supporting role (close to a cameo)

But if I'm enlarge to the following three movies it looks much better:

Dying God: lead

Blood Movie / Dark Reel: (great fun) supporting role

Deadwater: lead

Hi Chief,

The book you are referring to is "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln. I have owned this book twice, having lost it at some point, and read it many many times and anyone who is a fan of Millennium will love it. It is a factual study, or pseudo-factual study depending on your beliefs, of a secret society, the bloodline of Christ, The Knight's Templars and has to have influenced 'Anamnesis' as there are so many similarities. Well worth a read and if I'm honest, I was really surprised they didn't win their case.

Well worth a read!

Eth

Anything that could have influenced my favorite MLM episode, "Anamnesis," is number one on my list. I will definitely find a copy of this book. Thanks Mark. :ouroborous: