Is It Possible?

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Is it possible that Fox never thought they would even have to consider releasing Millennium season 2 in the U.S.? Maybe they thought that they could get Staddon and some of the few rabid fans off their backs by releasing Season 1 and when it bombed in sales(which hasn't been the case) that they could use that to say to Staddon and others that Millennium just doesn't sell and they weren't releasing the rest. I just makes me wonder. Because we still haven't heard anything about the other seasons on dvd, but the U.K. already has sites where they can preorder all three season together. In any event I think they will have to release the other seasons.....if anything just by the preorders at Amazon.com alone. Or maybe they're looking at a release timetable similar to the X-files sets.

• Elders (Admins)

I don't think there's anything underhand in the way Fox USA have promoted forthcoming seasons. The forthcoming release does afterall contain references to Season's One and Two. Amazon don't have a very big 'window' on forthcoming items compared to say Play.com (which have a very large forthcoming release window) and the dvd sites seem to have missed them out all together so far with Millennium sites responsible for most of the 'finds'.

Guest Second Coming
I don't think there's anything underhand in the way Fox USA have promoted forthcoming seasons. The forthcoming release does afterall contain references to Season's One and Two. Amazon don't have a very big 'window' on forthcoming items compared to say Play.com (which have a very large forthcoming release window) and the dvd sites seem to have missed them out all together so far with Millennium sites responsible for most of the 'finds'.

I'm not saying there's anything underhanded in what they're doing. I was just wondering if were surprised that it's sold so well in the U.S. already. And are shuffling to get out a season 2 release. When(still specualting here) they thought that season 1 would be put out there and only marginally sell. But yeah you're right about Amazon.com. They're pretty slow about getting a release on there. It took them forever to get Millennium on there. But I just haven't seen a mention of it on any other order sites. Where does; " The forthcoming release does afterall contain references to Season's One and Two"? I think i missed that.

• Elders (Admins)
Where does; " The forthcoming release does afterall contain references to Season's One and Two"?  I think i missed that.

Aha, that's my mistake. I thought the US version carried the same advertising for Season Two and Three as the Uk version does, both on the 6th DVD and in the supplied literature. I just checked both Voidprime's review and IGN's review and there's no mention. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about though.

post-23-1089647368_thumb.jpg

Guest Demolition Man

Usually as far as with TV boxset announcements in the states they usually don't announce the next boxset in the series until at least a good half a month to several months after the previous one has come out. That means we won't hear anything official until at least August on when Season 2 will come out. I would suspect at least early to mid October at the earliest for Season 2 in the States.

We will get Season 2 and 3 out here in the States, maybe a bit slower than in the UK but we will get them eventually. :praying:

Guest Avatar

I find it odd that we in the UK got the earlier release and just as strange that we already have release dates for seasons 2 and 3 as well as a bumper 3 season box. Was the show more popular in the UK than the US?

Guest Second Coming
Second Coming should change that great signature image to read Season's 2 & 3 now!

hahaha, actually Old Man, I've been meaing to do that. Just haven't gotten around to it. :bigsmile:

Guest Regan MacNeil

I don't think MM was any more popular in the UK than it was here, so I'm pretty sure we'll get all three seasons. I do have a very bad feeling that Fox is going to space out the three season releases in the US like they did with the X-Files sets.