TeeVee Treats

ethsnafu

I was actually thinking about how little teevee© (Kay Reindl) I actually watch these days, I'm a huge fan of political programming and enjoy the news but other than that it's movies and books all the way. In an effort to find something to get inspired about watching during the Lost hiatus I thought it might land me a hand if you guys rate the top five shows you are enjoying at the moment.

Lend a teevee starved chum a hand and let me know what's on your goggle box these days.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid i cannot help you much, mate. Lost is about all I have seen that is worth watching in a bit. Best bet is to rewatch MM I think. :)

We live in a world where too many people won't go far enough... won't do what they know is right... what they believe. I don't know how or why it got this way but the world has become so complicated, to involve yourself in someone else's problems is to invite them needlessly on yourself. ~ Frank Black

• Elders (Admins)

Sweet! Allow us to help you out Eth! I may have to come back to this because my grub is on the table... not literally, that would be unhealthy....

1. Breaking Bad
  2. The Unit
  3. Sons of Anarchy - can't wait for Season 2!
  4. The Sopranos
  5. Brotherhood
  6. Jericho

PS. The name of this forum was inspired by Kay Reindl! :oneeyedwinK

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

This is a fun post, thanks. Mine are:

Millennium (Chiller)

NCIS

Criminal Minds

So you Think You Can Dance

Discovery, National Geographic, and History Channels

Numb3rs

Flashpoint

What's The Sons of Anarchy about? I never heard of it. Is it a UK production.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Thanks guys,

I've never heard of Son's of Anarchy either Darlene, Graham you've gotten us intrigued. I shall have to see what I can find out about that one.

I love the fact that you named the forum after Kay's weird and wonderful spelling it's another one of those MM things that you just kind of adopt isn't it? I blame Kay for making me use teevee instead of TV, M&W for making me say 'here's my thing' all the time, M&W again for 'this is who we are' which I must write out a hundred times a day for one reason or another. God love 'em :)

Eth

josew.gif

• Elders (Admins)

Sons of Anarchy is a very original drama about a motorcycle club who protect a small town in the US. Its written by Kurt Sutter from The Shield and I have to say that Mitch Pillegi plays a wonderful role in it, a role you would never guess you would see him in as a racist gang leader.

Look out also for William Lucking, who plays a great part in the show, you'll remember him as Detective Thomas in Loin Like A Hunting Flame.

The show is very gritty and well worth a view, even if you are not a motorcycle enthusiast!

Season 1 finished this week on Bravo in the UK (amazing ending scene in a graveyeard to the tune of John the Revelator by Curtis Stigers, look out for repeats), Season two premieres on FX in the US on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 10 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysde81YCSI4

Links:

https://www.bravo.co....ons-of-anarchy/

https://en.wikipedia....Sons_Of_Anarchy

https://www.fxnetwork.../originals/soa/

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

That certainly sounds like something I will try and catch, Mitch Pillegi is a great actor and his appearance on Stargate Atlantis was the only reason I tuned in to the show as I was never a fan of it or of Stargate. I'm really looking forward to Harper's Island too which a chum of ours, Laura, really likes and SJR makes an appearance in that I think. I'm also gagging for info on 'The Building' with SJR and I see that Keegan Connor Tracy (Omerta) is appearing in that as well. I just wish there was something worth holding out for on British teevee, I haven't heard anything that has got me excited for ages, a couple of Doctor Who's a year isn't great genre output Beeb - up the ante Aunty (geddit.)

Eth

josew.gif

Burn Notice.Though the season just ended Thursday.

Eureka and Warehouse 13 on SyFy.

The Closer is still pretty good.

Monk and Psyche start this Friday.More lighthearted fun.

Next month starts the new seasons Fringe and Flash Forward, I'm really looking forward to them.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I didn't find this out until I visited the IMDb forum for Law & Order: Criminal Intent - in one seventh season episode Mary McCormack guest starred as her character from In Plain Sight, mentioning that something about being back for 10 pm (In Plain Sight followed Law & Order: Criminal Intent on the USA Network). Correct me if I have this wrong. It's been 2-3 weeks since I read this info on the IMDb forum, and on the main IMDb page for the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode.