Season vs Season

Rate this topic

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys, let's see if we can tempt you away from the shoutbox and status updates a little ;)

Fandom is a fickle thing and what was true once isn't necessarily true today. I recall Libby mentioning in a post of late that it might be nice to canvass opinion with regards to the current appreciation that we have for the diferent seasons of Millennium to see if our own opinions have changed since the last time such polls were conducted as well as add the opinions of newer fans to the mix. I know most of you will probably be similar to myself in that you appreciate the entire body of work that is Millennium but chances are that you, like me, may have a fondness for one season over another. So cast you vote and leave your thoughts if you wish but keep it civil after all, variety is the spice of life.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

You guessed it: I do love and appreciate all three seasons - but season 1 still is the one that touches my heart the deepest. I'll never forget the wonder and awe watching it the first time, being stunned about the fact that something so fantastic had been made for TV.

Also, it always brings this word to my mind: pure. I mean that in a newborn kind of way. (Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me :) And with this I do not mean that the other seasons would've ruined it all. They were just different. They were not season 1!

Well this will come as no shock to anyone but I voted Season Two.

I, like V, love all three season's of Millennium my top ten episode's list dips into all three of them fairly equally and I would never assert that there was anything necessarily better about season two but I was, and am, gripped by the mythology of the Millennium Group which neatly ticks all the boxes I brought to the show, my love of spirituality, conspiracy theories, secret societies and so on so far that reason it got my vote. Oh and Lara Means but you really didn't need me to tell you that bit did you?

Eth

A few years ago I would have said season 1 hands down,but as of late I have to admit season 2 is coming awfully close. I know for myself my tastes change and who knows in a few years I may say season 3 is my favorite. It's going to be hard though, since the first season has The Pilot,The Judge and Lamentation on it.

Guest Moriarty

Hello dear friends :-)

I voted for season 1. It is without a doubt the most wonderfull piece of television I have ever experienced. You can just sense the darkness in most of the episodes. And of course it had Lamentation and Powers, principialities, thrones and dominions in it. And let's not forget the pilot. Don't get me wrong here, I also like season 3 and 2 but 1 is above everything.

Good to post again. Take care!

For me, season one is, outside of particular seasons of The Simpsons - admittedly, a genre nearly 180° from Millennium - the finest season of television that I have yet seen. But I've got no problem straddling the fence and praising two and three, both of which have some of my all time favorites. I've actually vacillated a bit on season two over the years, mainly because I prefer the the Group confronting Evil® bit by bit as a "new" thing (I'm thinking specifically of the reactions of Frank and Peter in Maranatha; "do you really believe that?") versus the thousand-year old deal, though since I love the arcane and esoteric, two is higher on some days than others.

I wish more people realized just how good the proverbial red-headed stepchild of the franchise is. Even some of those probably forgotten episodes such as Closure or Nostalgia benefit from reviewings.

gripped by the mythology of the Millennium Group which neatly ticks all the boxes I brought to the show, my love of spirituality, conspiracy theories, secret societies and so on so far that reason it got my vote.

As awesome as season 1 and 3 are, I must also vote for season 2 for the same reasons as Mark .

Poor season 3. It is good, it literally has some fantastic and awesome episodes, but it doesn't compare to 1 and 2.

Poor Laurent, :cry: can't choose.