Frank Black Action Figure!

Rate this topic

Guest Vesper

Aww...it would be cool to make stop-motion-videos with the Frank Black action figure..."it's my gift, it's my curse".

But then again, limited uses for such a figure.

I've never understood collecting this kind of stuff...but I was quite fond of G.I. Joes in my youth...never had many though. But a friend of mine had a whole arsenal, there were some epic battles made with those.

Congratulations on a fine, fine addition to your collection. I'd love to see some pictures when you get it!

Eth

eth, thanks!

I bought it yesterday from ebay.

I've been looking for a few years for the exclusive. Sure, I've seen many Black figures on Ebay but never this one.

It's just a bible but it's still a real hard find.

It usually goes for about a hundred if found. I just hope it doesn;'t get lost in the mail or gets destroyed LOL!:pinch:

There are seven limited edition Frank Black figures for sale on Amazon folks, all with the bible and there are also a fair few without.

They are going for $77 dollars which is very, very good. These things used to go for a hell of lot more back in the day. Grab one whilst you can.

Eth

Isn't it a cellphone? As far as I recall (mine is in storage in the loft and I haven't seen it for years) the props are taken from "X-Files: Millennium" rather than anything we would recognise from "Millennium" itself. If I recall rightly the bible and the cellphone are in reference to that episode of XF. When it was released with the Bible I did think it was odd at first till I realised why. In Millennium he had an uneasy relationship with matters of faith. He openly admitted it wasn't his thing and that he left the spiritual upbringing of Jordan to Catherine. It was because of this, and other examples of this kind, that fans found his prayer in "Borrowed Time" to be somewhat lacking in truth as Frank implores the Lord that hasn't he always done what the Lord wants him to do. There was very little prior to this to back up that assertion.

Ramble, ramble....short answer I guess is yes, it's a bible.

Eth

PS He does have a case folder as well though. It contains three small images and is decorated with the ouroborous. I guess that could be what you are looking at.

I have two like the one pictured above and mine have a case files not a bible. when it arrives you'll have to let us know what it is. :ouroborous:

eBay or Amazon are your best option. just checked 'sideshow' [where they originated] and the old is sold out and there is a waiting list for the re-issue.

There were too different releases Walkabout. One is the standard limited edition and the other is an even more limited-limited edition that has the additional Bible prop as well as the case file. I only have the one with the Bible. I'm actually toying with the idea of buying the Bible-free version as well just to say I have them both. I was surprised to see that both editions sell for pretty much the same price at Amazon. I would have thought the Bible version would have fetched considerably more.

Eth