District 9

BEER----> Just saw this movie. I knew very little about it going in, took a few minutes to get adjusted, but then I settled in to watch a very good movie. I can't wait for three years from now. You'll have to go see the film to understand my last comment.

BELCH

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WaveCrest

I've seen the trailer for District 9 and it looks very impressive and well edited. It feels like one of those films which are called 'sleepers', films which come out of nowhere, doing very well at the cinema against blockbusters.

I so want to see this movie, more so now then before after reading your posts.

I can't wait for three years from now.

Awe yes, 2012. How many days are remaining?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

I'm sure I read somewhere on the web this past week that a sequel to District 9 is being released in cinemas in the coming months. Don't think it was in the UK or US though.

Guest Laurent.

I wanted to post my review after I saw the movie two weeks ago, but I think that it's one of those movies that are better when you really don't know what to expect (like beerbelch did). The only thing comment I'll make (and it's okay because it may actually lower your expectations hehe) is that it would have been better, IMO, if it was less action-oriented and if they had explore their first idea a bit more. Anyway, it's by far the most entertaining (and one of the most interesting) film I've seen this summer.

P.S. Haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet; maybe tonight if the weather doesn't clear up.

• Elders (Admins)

Incidentally I blogged about this at the beginning of the month in my blog, Cabin Fever:

https://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/index.php/blog/11/entry-656-district-9/

Looking forward to seeing it!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest AD Skinner

I'll definitely be going to see it myself. Looks like it does so much with less, something the makers of the recent Transformers film could learn, but I won't allow myself to get started on that one, otherwise I'll be here all day.

BEER----> Just checked in the newspaper and 'District 9' held on and is still in 4th place after the weekend. So as I see it a sequel will definetly be in the mix. They're making so much money they won't know what to do with all of it - I'd like to help them out with that problem.

BELCH

Guest WaveCrest

I'm going to see it on Fri when its released here in the UK, can't wait :-)

Kit xXx

You saying that Kitsunegari just further adds to my thoughts that this film is your typical sleeper film. It comes up on you without much notice and turns out to be a really good film. One of the things I liked about the trailer, apart from the photography/cinematography, was the interrogation scene with the alien. One, I hadn't seen anything like it before, and two, the pixellated face of the alien (like in real life when faces of people are disguised on TV).

I was going to see (500) Days of Summer this week. There are previews of that this Wednesday, so I might go and see District 9 on Friday night.