New Kate Beckinsale fim Whiteout

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

One of the films I'm interested in seeing in September (along with (500) Days of Summer, District 9 and Adventureland) is Kate Beckinsale's new film Whiteout, based on the comic book series.

The first trailer was posted on Horrormovies.ca but was not available to view after a while. I saw the second trailer via the same website and liked what I saw, although I hope CGI isn't going to be used too much, along with scenes which have been shot in front of a green screen. Several clips have been posted since then, although I haven't watched them yet.

The film might be similar to 30 Days of Night, based on what I have read on the forum over at Horrormovies.ca. I was initially interested in 30 Days of Night, but when I saw the clips and trailer I lost interest. Much more interested in Whiteout.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AD Skinner

Amen, AD Skinner, I would watch a movie about Kate Beckinsale selling life insurance if she did it in a bikini!! woot.gifgaba.gif

Somebody should sell that idea to Hollywood.

• 2 weeks later...

Voidprime, hope you have a very blessed and happy birthday.

I would love to sit and listen to Lance read, even the phone book. Now that's a voice.

I'm looking forward to the movie, Whiteout, a girl thing, not seeing Kate, a boy thing.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Hi guys,

I've actually read the Graphic Novel from which this film is based and I totally agree with Joe, it's very much influenced by the X-Files so any fan of the show will no doubt enjoy the film. That said, I'm not a fan of Kate Beckinsale and find her work mediocre at best *ducks to avoid stones* and some of the reviews I have read so far have panned the film. Who knows, horses for courses so I'll make my own mind up but will probably wait for the DVD release than venturing out to the cinema.

If anyone has not seen the trainer, well, now you can :)

Eth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyFfF8ly61s

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest AD Skinner

Hi guys,

I've actually read the Graphic Novel from which this film is based and I totally agree with Joe, it's very much influenced by the X-Files so any fan of the show will no doubt enjoy the film. That said, I'm not a fan of Kate Beckinsale and find her work mediocre at best *ducks to avoid stones* and some of the reviews I have read so far have panned the film. Who knows, horses for courses so I'll make my own mind up but will probably wait for the DVD release than venturing out to the cinema.

If anyone has not seen the trainer, well, now you can :)

Eth

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=WyFfF8ly61s

Thanks for posting that eth, nice to get a Kate Beckinsale fix. Gotta say, I think it looks good, kinda like the climax of The X Files:Fight the Future but stretched to take in the whole film. Off this week so I think a trip to the movies is in order.