Orobouros Startup Page

Rate this topic

Guest jediboricua

Graham...

Sorry I took so long in responding to this. I'd changed it to Silver a long time ago, but thanks for the suggestion. I just ment the background of my AOL browser. I know that you had some things to use with Windows 98 or something, but not with XP, so I just use a solid black bg to try to make AOL a little more Millenniumistic.

• 4 years later...
Guest FrankBlack

I rememeber a few years back I had the startup page saved on my computer....it was I believe a good replication of Franks startup from the show. Using the XP I have, can anyone help me to recreate that startup page, and if possible, have it counting down to 12/21/12? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Guest FrankBlack
Hi FrankBlack,

Are you talking about the Internet home page described in this topic? Or start-up images as Windows boots?

Regards,

Graham

Thanks for the response! It was a start up image with the clock counting down each day to the millennium. Instead of the usual windows "jingle" it had the ominus beat that acccompanies franks visions. Hope you can help, thanks again!

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Forgive my numptiness! Your mention of the windows jingle leads me to think it appeared on your desktop after you finished loading windows? If it was on your desktop, I think you must have been using a web page (with the countdown and Millennium drum sound) as your wallpaper, Windows 98SE and XP used to have that feature, it was called Active Desktop.

Is this the same countdown that's in the downloads? I tried, and even though I am using XP, it just wouldn't work for me. Wonder if I did anything wrong while downloading it. I wanted the Ouroboros with the 2012 countdown. It does say it will work for XP, or am I reading it wrong? Thanks for anyone's help.

Guest FrankBlack

I could'nt get it to work on my XP either, Darlene, though I'm more than willing to believe it's an error on my part. I'll keep trying .....

• Elders (Admins)

Hi folks,

I think what's happened is that the code has been saved from the Internet Archive version and they have replaced some of it so that it works when viewed on their online website.

I took a quick look at this yesterday and if you look at the actual source in the html page, it does mention something about them editing the code.

If you would like it, I can set up a Millennium page with the countdown that you could set as your homepage url in your browser which would include the Google search box. Then whenever you open your browser you would see the countdown.