Buy Chris Carter's House

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

A bit of idle browsing led me to this story. A little piece about Chris Carter and his decision to place one of his properties up for sale and what's nice about it is how gorgeous his house is. We can but dream I guess. All this can be yours if you have plenty of gold stashed under the bed.

Good to look to Chris in finding a buyer for his property.

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

I'd love an ocean view like that - although I'd spend all my time looking at it and never get anything done!

I'm often surprised as to how people can live in such open-plan houses, though. If it were just me living there, that would be excellent, but I love my den and like my own space to fill with my own things. Another thing I'd find strange is not being able to close off the kitchen, but a lot of American houses of air-conditioning, so the odour of boiled cabbage wouldn't permeate the rest of the house!

I think I know which is the other house further down the road and I think that's the one they used for the editing process when filming IWTB. It seems strange to own two houses so close together, but I guess it'd be useful to have one for work and general living, and a smart one for entertaining. It's the millionaire version of keeping the parlour for best.

• Like 1

BEER----> Yes, the Malibu area is a very beautiful place. I'm betting he picke that area due to his early work with 'Surfer' magazine. I know he still rides (surfs). A legend in surfing use to surf at Malibu - Miki Dora. I mentioned in another thread that I wished Chris would do a movie about his life - ya see he was a crook too.

Anyway back to Malibu, it has some beautiful properties along with a great coastline and art colony. It's about the 3rd most expensive area in California.

BELCH

• Like 1

A legend in surfing use to surf at Malibu

I am the legendary beach bunny.

Even though I was born in Chicago, IL, I was raised out in California and spent most of my free time at the beach. Even during summer school we would wear our suits under our clothes and head for the beach after school. I wasn't a good swimmer and didn't surf, but being one of the official beach bunnies I was still part of the surfing community.

At one time you could drive the highway along the coastline and the view was spectacular, but now there are so many homes and buildings that you can't see the ocean anymore unless you live on the foothills somewhere. Literally you cannot see the ocean anymore until you leave the Santa Monica coastline and start driving through Malibu and farther North. And, the traffic is maddening. Along the Malibu stretch is Robert Myer State Beach where the El Matador cave is, the cave where we released the ashes of my son. Absolutely awesome place. You can only go into it during low tide, at high tide the cave is full of water and the beach area is covered. From what I was told the cave is next door to one of Mel Gibson's properties on Broad Beach Road. Not sure if it's the one he bought with his trust in 2005 for $22,673,226, of 5,322 sq. ft.

Surfing movies are popular out there, well, at least they were when I was growing up, and naturally so were the Beach Boys. Don't have a clue now. Along the beach there used to be a very small theater that showed only surfing.

Yes, it's expensive to live in California and naturally the coastline is the most expensive. House's like Chris Carter's and Mel Gibson's are awesome because you can't see any neighbors and they can't see you. You have total privacy. I love having my own space, just like Libby. Yee ha.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Darlene, I love getting an insight through other people's eyes of a place and a lifestyle I have no knowledge about. It does help me to realise how huge this world of ours is and how different various places can be. The coastline of the UK is very varied, and I was surprised to find out that there are some great surfing beaches here, mostly the south-west where they get the rollers coming from the Atlantic ocean - but I guess it's pretty cold to surf most of the time.

It's a pity that so many of these beautiful coastlines get built up so that people can't see them well, but I guess if someone loves the sea and can live that close to it and see it every time they look out their window it's difficult to criticise them too much. I'd probably do the same if I had the money.

• Like 1

Ah Miki Dora's a crook. I thought we were talking about CC for a brief moment and thought it must in reference to the *ahem* CD pinching days of his youth. I didn't know that either till Laura unearthed an old copy of an X-Files soundtrack she has had stored away and Chris wrote that in the linear notes apparently. Mind you, I once pinched an eraser from WHSmiths whilst fiddling around with an armful of stationary and popping it my pocket whilst I grasped my wallet. I do hope no-one from WHSmiths is reading this, it was an accident I promise :down:

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

LOL! I had to think about that CC anecdote and his friends daring him to shopuplift a music tape. Which he did successfully - only to find when he came out of the shop that someone had stolen his bicycle. I still find that funny (even though I shouldn't, given what I "know" about binary downloads).

I'm glad you typed "eraser", Eth. The alternative UK word for that item has been known to cause problems on international sites. Some people might have wondered what kind of shop WHSmiths is and that could have done nothing for your reputation!

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Wow - a chance to live like Chris Carter for a little under £11m! I wonder if he takes PayPal! :biggrin:

Incidentally whilst Googling, I just noticed that an eight-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills, Calif. that once was owned by Madonna was on the market for the same price.