Trick 'R Treat

It's a nice hat actually, maybe I shouldn't eat it!

I heard from brother yesterday Darlene and he loved it. He agreed with me that it isn't particularly scary (so you could manage it on your own I believe) but it is wonderfully Halloweeny (I know, not a word). The best way to describe it would be those times when you were younger and you would gather round with friends and tell spooky stories. None of the stories were particularly scary but there was something rather magical about them all the same. Think "Curse of Frank Black" and you get a good idea of the feel of this movie and if that doesn't tempt you I don't know what will :wtf:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

It's a nice hat actually, maybe I shouldn't eat it!

I heard from brother yesterday Darlene and he loved it. He agreed with me that it isn't particularly scary (so you could manage it on your own I believe) but it is wonderfully Halloweeny (I know, not a word). The best way to describe it would be those times when you were younger and you would gather round with friends and tell spooky stories. None of the stories were particularly scary but there was something rather magical about them all the same. Think "Curse of Frank Black" and you get a good idea of the feel of this movie and if that doesn't tempt you I don't know what will tongue.png

Eth

Hey all,

I got the movie in the mail today, have not watched it yet but my son and his girlfriend are watching it now. ghostface.gif Can't wait to see it!!!!

Laura

Hi Gunslinger,

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of moving the topic and merging it with the original you mentioned. As you can see it was Graham who brought the movie to our attention and I'm with you all the way. The most enjoyable Halloween film I have seen in an age. I recommended it to my brother this weekend and I hope he is checking it out tonight. See this movie people, it is superb.

Eth

Thanks Eth!!! That's why you get paid the big bucks to be an elder:) What a great movie huh?

"Have I run too far to get home?"

Sure is Gunslinger,

Michael Dougherty who wrote the film began his career by writing an animated film called Season's Greetings back in 1996. It introduces Sam, the spirit of Halloween, as seen in Trick R Treat and I believe it comes as an extra on the DVD. Evidently this was his dream movie, the one he had been thinking of making for over a decade and it's such a shame it was denied a cinema release.

If you want to see where Trick r Treat began you and can do so below!

Eth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U4ei6_UNLU

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Watched the Trick R 'Treat movie last night and LOVED it!!!! I wanna go trick or treating now!!!! Very good watch!!! My son and his girlfriend didn't like it!!! What do teenagers know anyway. lol

Laura

Amazon.com has this movie on 'watch now' for $3.99. haven't used this service before but this seens like the perfect time; wonder if I can 'save' on my laptop while watching it.....mmmmmmm :gaba:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Walkabout,

It looks the rental version on demand is $3.99, but if you wanted to keep it, it would cost you $14.99 which the same price as the DVD version.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Black's Babe

I got my copy in the mail earlier this week.

Saw this film on-line twice and loved it, definitley will be giving the dvd a spin on Halloween.

Guest WaveCrest

A comic book adaptation of Trick 'r Treat has been published recently. And there is a compilation book about the film, containing various different things (including a Sam mask). You can get these both off Amazon UK.

Guest WaveCrest

HMY have shipped my copy of Trick 'r Treat tonight, so it may get here by Saturday, depending on what happens with the national Royal Mail strike in the UK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines