DVD complete collection

Rate this topic

Guest Coughcool

I own all there seasons plus I found the Big box set cheap. I would buy them all again for some extras. Now that would be worth it.

Agreed coughcool. Let's face it in this day and age on streaming media, TV recorders, repeat airings, torrents and so on, anyone who wants to watch a TV show or film can do so without having invest in the DVD. Morality aside, the people who release DVDs have to accept that. The only real reason to purchase a DVD these days is for improved quality and the extras they contain. As classic Doctor Who has been around a great many years and the fans have seen the episodes a hundred times the only appeal of the DVD releases is that they are chock full of superb extra features and they really are superb.

I think Fox should seriously consider re-releasing Millennium in 2012, call it the TEOTWAKI Special Edition and load it full of treats.

Strangely I spoke to a gent who worked at Anchor Bay the other day and he told me that before joining Anchor Bay he worked for HMV in Canada for a number of years. He had the pleasure of developing the DVD business from 2001-2004 and at that time Millennium was not available on DVD. One day he took a meeting with Peter Staddon of Fox (one of the VP’s who determined what did or didn’t get released on DVD). He printed off all of the Millennium petitions he could find and presented them to him in their meeting. Shortly thereafter, Fox announced that Millennium would indeed be released on DVD. He deserves a pat on the back for his small part to make Fox listen to what the fans wanted as does Sue Myatt who created the petition he no doubt used.

Here's to the fans eh?

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

That rings a bell! A guy from HMV did contact Brian Dixon and myself back in the day about that and we posted news articles whilst the big DVD battle was under way!

Really? That's fascinating Graham. It was a really strange event coming across this gent in the first place. He was cc'd in an email I received and I replied and he recognised the name from BTFB and then wrote to me. I wasn't around at the time of the fight to get the DVD's released but it just goes to show how a vocal fandom can influence the actions of the suits. To all those who were instrumental in the release of the DVD's, we owe you a massive debt of gratitude.

You wouldn't happen to have any archival stuff about the fight to get the DVD's released would you Graham? That would be absolutely fascinating to read.

Eth

That rings a bell! A guy from HMV did contact Brian Dixon and myself back in the day about that and we posted news articles whilst the big DVD battle was under way!

BEER----> 'Dix' - you gotta get him to come over once in awhile or is he here somehow.

BELCH