The curse of Frank Black

Rate this topic

TheAngel

If you view the comments guys you can see that myself and Matt have already added our comments there. Be polite but air your view that 'The Curse of Frank Black' should have made the top ten without a shadow of a doubt.

Do your bit for Frank!

Eth

John Kenneth Muir has given his run down of his top five Halloween episodes of television shows. 'The Curse Of Frank Black' is at number two with Buffy just pipping it to the post (I loathed that show so I have no idea if the episode is better than 'Curse' so you guys will have to tell me). Check it out here and read his fond words for our beloved Millennium episode.

Eth

Guest Charger

I just watched it again! What a brilliant episode indeed! Strange, but in a really really good way...not to mention the directing...

Guest RodimusBen

I just watched it again today (while getting my Halloween costume ready), and it's a better episode than I remembered. It's still very slow, but it's clearly meant to be slow. The real meat in this episode is all the little nuances that clearly show a love of Halloween by the writers, from the costumes to the horror gags. Definitely left a better impression on me this time.

"You look like a cell phone."

I love the cellphone gag - it's hardly side splitting comedy but it gets me every time. Glad you found a little more appreciation for the episode Ben. I watched it again (of course) and still find my love of it growing with each new viewing. I'm always bowled over by the ghost story scene with Lance turning on the torch at just the right moment and scaring the kids half to death.

BOY1: They say he can see them. They say he can't escape them. That they follow him everywhere. And it is believed that the Devil uses the souls of the dead to get at people. To drive them insane. So to keep from losing to the Devil and even though he knows his friend is eternally trapped in his house, Frank Black has left and gone to... nobody knows where. And he will never be seen again.

FRANK: [in the darkness holding his flashlight under his chin illuminating his face] Except if you look over here.

Genius!

Leave the suds gang!

Eth

Lance turning on the torch at just the right moment and scaring the kids half to death

Mark, to me this is the best scene in the entire episode.

Ben, thanks for giving this episode another try. It really is a very good one.

• 4 months later...
Guest Kudzu1977

Just watched this again as I am going thru the box set in order....so what if it is March! I really love this one...mainly cos of the young frank sequences....

Just one thing annoys me, not so much here, but in every Halloweeny type film that references Samhain - nobody every pronounces it correctly!!

It's pronounced "sow-wan" not Sam-hane or sum-han....is it that hard to ask a gael (Scot or Paddy) how to say it? It is still used as the Gaelic word for the month of November....