The curse of Frank Black

Rate this topic

TheAngel

Agreed. I have to say the idea that this episode was based, loosely, upon "A Christmas Carol" totally went over my head. If Kay Reindl had not mentioned that the original idea that she and Erin had for a Christmas episode was originally rejected because "The Curse Of Frank Black" had already done "A Christmas Carol" I would have been none the wiser.

Eth

• 1 year later...

As I watch the ep, I noticed a few thing,

well, the "curse of the repeating numbers"

and I didn't count but, here is a list so far

268 shows up on the matchbook, the price of the candle, the note to Frank that Jordans trick or treating is 6 to 8 (had to look at that a few times) and then on the two football players outfits. Frank is so excited about having his first trick or treaters- he doesn't notice that they are coming home from a game. It also shows up on the pillar that had the black cat on it in the opening, that changes to the devil later. Frank doesn't react to the devil, except gives it a Oh come on now! It's halloween! look.

(note, in small towns they don't play football and have trick or treat on the same night- ether everyone is at the football game or they are trick & treating)

268 shows up on the house that Jorden says "feels bad, and that there are ghost in it"

OMGosh, "Don't be scared frank, you shall return... " Frank was dressed like Patton for halloween... Faced down the same house that Jorden didn't want to go into.

When Bobbie doesn't play, he turns the radio on for seak and it goes to 826 on the radio and it begins to play oldies.

Car engin stalls at 260008

Watch said 8:26

Wasn't the robot from... Aliens?? (and he did play an android in that movie)

The word ACTS keeps poping up, on the security sign, in the book that was on the floor and the first letter of the address

scores on tv, 2 to 6, 8-2 6- 2 (hockey) 8-6

Matchbook again, 268

Sees wrapper from candel

Ok, MAJOR PLOT HOLE.... Note, in the beginning when Frank put the candle in, He left the wrapper on the candle,,, he only tore the top off of it. The candle went out, Frank didn't relight it. So, How did the wrapper from the candle get out with the rest of the scraps of plastic?

Frank compairs the two, the wrapper and the Matchbook that have 268 on them.,

The cd player (ooohhhh- as they would say in dispicable me... "Light bulb") turns on and starts to play the same 1950s music that he heard in the car. (same station as before) There is no cd in the player...

(well not exactly, it says 26:08

Why 50s?

In the 50s was when Frank first got- his gift-

After telling the guy, there are no such thing as ghosts, frank never believed in them since then. Perhaps it was his way of making sense of what he saw, or felt- When he became a teen and saw the same guy being brought out on a stretcher, he just- knew stuff- he couldnt explain how, but that was in the 50s, the same era that is playing on the radio, as if its telling him to remember....

Second lightbulb for frank when he sees the ACTS on the back of the security jacket

Goes to the letters he got, Well, every single one of them is a different address, yet, all have the same initals, ACTS...

Licence plate ACTS 268

Ok,

(sigh)

LOLLMAO

Frank grabs the bible,

goes, sits down. the camera pans over his shoulder.

The pumpkin has been stabbed in the forhead.

Looking down, you see the red wax has melted over the teath, down and into a pool of blood like a decapitated body.

Very dark, sinister, yet, hysterical from a dark humor pov. However, the wax blood is at an angle as if it's been helped with some wires to have it follow the path, or string- Having burnt a few candles the wax just doesn't flow that way.

Acts chapter 26 vs 8

Why should it be thought incredible by you that God raises the dead?

Clock switches from 2:08 to 2:68

LOL

Looks at a polyester leisure suit (bright yellow plaid ) "Now thats's scary..."

Note, he tossed it aside, yet when he came down the steps, it was still hanging up.

I think frank realized that should he give up, allow evil to take over the world, the devil would win, and if the devil was so - afraid of frank becoming involved, then there was a way to beat him. Even, if he did, not- doing - good- would trap Frank into the devils snare.

The devils face was reflected in the egg yoke, and then inside the house as he washed the window.

Interesting ep, hope this helps with the list of reoccuring things