Advertising Millenium

Rate this topic

Guest dylan1371

I saw that ad, too, but I didn't see EW promoting it in their DVD section. I just sent this letter to EW:

I've been a subscriber for several years, and being a DVD collector, I always look forward to your "DVD & Video" section to see what's coming out the following week.

Thought I'd point out, though, that you missed a good one this issue: "Millennium, Season One", will be in stores Tuesday, July 20th. "Millennium" was the second show from Chris Carter (the first, of course, being the X-Files). If you liked "Silence of the Lambs", and TV's "Profiler", you'll greatly enjoy this show.

The premise: Frank Black is a former FBI agent who has retired and moved from Washington, D.C., to Seattle. His new neighbors are friendly, his home life is peaceful, his daughter is adorable, and his house is a friendly yellow. Then the murder of a young woman catches his attention, and he invites himself on to the case. Over the course of the first episode, we are gradually introduced to Black's "special gift", his ability to get inside the mind of a serial killer. The pilot and other episodes are so mesmerizing, so terrifying, that you won't be able to take your eyes off the screen.

Sound familiar? "Profiler" had much the same setup. But if you enjoyed "Profiler", do yourself a favor and pick up MILLENNIUM: SEASON ONE. Millennium is far superior. (And no, I don't work for FOX.)

I would encourage everyone here to send a letter to EW to see if they will print one or two. That will greatly bring attention to the release.

EW's email address is: ew_letters@ew.com

IMPORTANT: They won't publish your letter unless you include the following (though they only print your name and email address):

NAME

ADDRESS

DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER

Guest Demolition Man

Don't worry too much if EW reviews Season 1 or not, EW was always very anti MM and their reviews were always negative about the show. These are the same people who probably drool over crappy shows like "Friends" and "American Idol" and whatnot.

Guest se7en
Don't worry too much if EW reviews Season 1 or not, EW was always very anti MM and their reviews were always negative about the show. These are the same people who probably drool over crappy shows like "Friends" and "American Idol" and whatnot.

....i've subscribed to EW for 14 of it's,well, 14 years and MM was not treated that badly,especially S3-(i think it was Bruce Fretts who said that he was ticked off about MM being cancelled because of how much he enjoyed the complex characterizations and ethical dilemas that the writers were putting the characters through that espeecially marked the latter half of the season. and i think he was another one who stopped watching midway through S2!)

-however,the guy who did the weekly show blurbs for every day of the week, "HE" always ragged on it.-(i will always remember that he would ALWAYS start his burlb of the week's episode with: ". . . IN THIS EPISODE, POOR OLD FRANK IS DEPRESSED ABOUT. . .LOL!)-but S1 and 3 were looked at fairly positive,especially my fav, S3. S2 however......well..........??

...i imagine they will say something eventually in the video/dvd section. they don't always do same week reviews of box sets i've noticed.

...i was not able to get my issue of EW on saturday because we were in montreal so i have something to look forward to! i'll be cutting it out, and depending on how good it is, framing with my promo-ad for the series premier. they would look very nice side by side i would imagine.

~CHEERS,

se7en :ouro:

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that this completes your order.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again soon.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by

visiting Your Account at https://www.amazon.com/your-account/

There you can:

* Track order and shipment status

* Review estimated delivery dates

* Cancel unshipped items

* Return items

* And do much more

The following items were included in this shipment:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

1 Millennium - The Complete Firs $41.99 1 $41.99

Item Subtotal: $41.99

Shipping & Handling: $2.98

Super Saver Discount: -$2.98

Total: $41.99

Paid by Visa: $41.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship Method: UPS

Tracking Number: 1ZA7228W0388469767

Shipment Date: Jul 16, 2004

Destination: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States

Order ID: 104-4123169-5137535

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jul 19, 2004 08:02:00 AM HODGKINS IL US UNLOAD SCAN

Jul 17, 2004 07:52:00 AM HODGKINS IL US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jul 17, 2004 02:16:00 AM INDIANAPOLIS IN US DEPARTURE SCAN

Jul 16, 2004 11:48:00 PM INDIANAPOLIS IN US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jul 16, 2004 09:03:00 PM LEXINGTON KY US DEPARTURE SCAN

Jul 16, 2004 02:18:35 PM LEXINGTON KY US ORIGIN SCAN

Jul 16, 2004 08:13:25 AM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Jul 16, 2004 06:43:08 AM Lexington KY USA SHIPPED

Guest Regan MacNeil

I flipped through Entertainment Weelky while I was at the store, but I couldn't find the Millennium ad. Is it in the one with Marlon Brando on the cover?

Guest se7en
I flipped through Entertainment Weelky while I was at the store, but I couldn't find the Millennium ad. Is it in the one with Marlon Brando on the cover?

...no, it's the newest one with Matt Damon on the cover; issue #775, July 23,2004.

...unfortunately it's a puny ad. i was hoping against hope for a full page ad so i could frame, and then hang it next to my series premier full page ad/poster. :down: ...it's still pretty cool though!

~se7en :ouro: