It's when you think that he's forgot,

He'll conjure your undoing,

Bolted doors and windows barred,

Guard dogs prowling in the yard,

Won't protect you in your bed,

Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How right you are!

Darlene, or anyone for that matter, have you guys seen this movie. I think it's a real horror-gem and any horror fan or Lance Henriksen fan owes it at least one viewing. Sadly Sci-Fi Productions picked up the franchise many years later, with Lance reprising his role, for two misguided sequels and killed the franchise IMHO but Pumpkinhead is a must and Pumpkinhead II is well worth a look as well although not in the league of the previous film.

Any Pumpkinhead fans here?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

How right you are!

Darlene, or anyone for that matter, have you guys seen this movie. I think it's a real horror-gem and any horror fan or Lance Henriksen fan owes it at least one viewing. Sadly Sci-Fi Productions picked up the franchise many years later, with Lance reprising his role, for two misguided sequels and killed the franchise IMHO but Pumpkinhead is a must and Pumpkinhead II is well worth a look as well although not in the league of the previous film.

Any Pumpkinhead fans here?

Eth

You know I am!!! WOOT I love Pumpkinhead and I love that poem too!! How cool is that! ghostface.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

It's being shown on ITV4 in the UK next Friday, so I will catch some of it to see what it's like. I know you've mentioned it to me a couple of times Laura, said it's very good and I said the VHS or DVD front cover put me off because it looked quite gooey and gory. I watched the trailer via BTFB's website and it was alright, although the bit with the demon looked gory and the trailer stuttered a bit while I was watching it.

Glad you're getting a chance to see this Richard. It's hands down the best horror movie Lance has been in with the exception of Near Dark. For what it's worth, I don't recall this movie being excessively gorey. If you made it through Hostel (which I know you have) there's nothing at all to fear from Pumpkinhead. The sequel isn't at all bad either (although it's Lance-free) but the third and fourth offerings are only worth watching because Lance is in them sadly.

Eth

josew.gif

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Richard i love your descriptive words.. lol gooey and gorey... whats a horror movie without them. I think you would like Pumpkinhead. It really isn't all that gorey or gooey. It is the best of Lance along with Near Dark and also Bone Dry Eth. makingeyes.gif

Let me know what you think Richard

Laura

Guest WaveCrest

If I don't see it on Friday I will definitely record it.

How I described the cover of Pumpkinhead is how I saw it. It's probably how I would describe the Saw and Hostel films as well.

Guest WaveCrest

Didn't catch Pumpkinhead on Friday night, but it's being repeated on ITV4 on Thursday (28th January) night at midnight, although technically it's Friday 29th January.

Well, well, well...

I happened upon a review for Pumpkinhead that has just been posted at blogcritics and guess what folks, it isn't a good review. Now I know that one man's meat is another man's poison but it's usually the case that Pumpkinhead fares very well when reviewed so I was intrigued to see why this film failed to live up to the expectations and standards of this reviewer. If you want to know what they thought of Pumpkinhead then check out the following link.

Eth

josew.gif