Millennium Retrospective

Rate this topic

matta2k

Thought you guys might find this of interest. Our video reviewer at BTFB decided to record a video of his top five Millennium episodes of all time. Difficult task I am sure you will agree and I'm glad it wasn't down to me to pick (my list changes daily to be honest, depending on my mood). Without giving the results away the top five comprises of one episode from season one of the show in fifth place and the top four all going to season two episodes. I thought you guys might like the opportunity to view the selection and suggest any season three episodes you felt were in with a chance of making the top five. See the list here!

Enjoy the video :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest RodimusBen

Thought you guys might find this of interest. Our video reviewer at BTFB decided to record a video of his top five Millennium episodes of all time. Difficult task I am sure you will agree and I'm glad it wasn't down to me to pick (my list changes daily to be honest, depending on my mood). Without giving the results away the top five comprises of one episode from season one of the show in fifth place and the top four all going to season two episodes. I thought you guys might like the opportunity to view the selection and suggest any season three episodes you felt were in with a chance of making the top five. See the list here!

Enjoy the video :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Wow, this should almost have its own thread. I've had my top five listed in my information for a long time now, so there's no surprises to be had there. But I see a difference between an individual's "favorite" episodes of Millennium and what are arguably the "best" episodes of Millennium. "Favorite" is based on the individual, but there can be legitimate arguments made for what represent the show's best episodes based on an established set of criteria.

Possibly....

Even if you establish a criteria for what constitutes a 'best' episode, it is still comes down to an individuals perception of what meets that criteria. When people select their own top five etc. they have already undergone and internal dialogue to reach their conclusion and that is unlikely to be swayed by any additional criteria imposed. Another option is to garner consensus but even then, those episodes in the top five of the hierarchy will not suddenly be adopted by those who's opinions differ. I saw a top 10 somewhere in recent times and agreed with little of it. Accepting that it was a consensus of voters and no doubt more representative of viewer's overall likes and dislikes did little to change my own top ten. I generally think problems arise when we attempt to reach consensus or advise on how a person should respond to a particular episode and so on. Staring with the premise that no two lists will ever be the same and enjoying that diversity makes much more sense to me.

That said, it would be interesting to see if someone were to come up with a criteria for what constitutes a best episode if anyone's previous choices changed in light of that. Might be worth doing Ben.

Eth

Guest AD Skinner

Enjoyed that very much actually, but the problem with lists like that is that all you're going to do is get people disagreeing with it. I mean, when watching it I found myself thinking things like "Lamentation is better than Powers, Pricipalities, Thrones and Dominions" and "if you're going to cheat go for The Fourth Horseman and The Time is Now", but the choices were well explained, I happened to think his number one choice was a good one (it's one of my favourites), although I would have put at least one season three in there to balance it out, but at the end of the day we're all different people and if we all had the same tastes the world would be so boring.